Active, Controlled, and Intelligent Packaging for Foods and Beverages
The global market for advanced packaging solutions was at $31.4 billion in 2011 and $33.3 billion in 2012. The market growth looks promising and the overall market value for 2017 is projected to be nearly $44.3 billion, after increasing at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 5.8%.
- An overview of the global market for active, controlled, and intelligent packaging for the food and beverage industry.
- Analyses of global market trends, with data from 2010 to 2012, and projections of compound annual growth rates (CAGRs) through 2017.
- Examination of intelligent packaging from the perspective of commercial product development (for specific industry stakeholders) and technology innovation (affecting many packaging companies through the development and refinement of new advanced packaging materials and packaging techniques).
- Discussion of product categorizations, individual product definitions and performance metrics, and costs and benefits associated with various packaging products.
- Comprehensive company profiles of major players in the industry.
This report covers the market for active, controlled and intelligent packaging, including advanced packaging components. BCC’s analysis includes an evaluation of the market and market breakdown (including by region and by application) for each advanced packaging type; a breakdown of the market into subcategories as the available data allows; market forecasting; and examination of regulatory aspects, innovations, challenges, patent details, market leaders, and market share of individual packaging types. In addition, the study also discusses scientific advances, consumer behaviors, market vibrancy, and so forth.
Market data is presented to show global market trends and growth. Data are statistically validated for present and future predictions.
Shalini Shahani Dewan focuses on pharmaceuticals and biotechnology and has been a BCC Research contributor since 2002 as both an analyst and project manager. She has explored a wide range of topics and companies, including working for Johnson & Johnson doing market surveillance. She has an undergraduate degree in pharmacy and master's degree in medicinal chemistry. She resides in the Bay Area.
- Global Markets for CT Scanners (HLC024B)
- Technologies for Long-term Care and Home Healthcare: Global Markets (HLC079D)
- Renal Dialysis Equipment: Technologies and Global Markets (HLC164B)
- Fluoroscopy and C-arms: Technologies and Global Markets (HLC148B)
- Global Markets for Contract Pharmaceutical Manufacturing, Research and Packaging (PHM043G)
The total U.S. market for active, controlled and intelligent packaging for foods and beverages exceeded $34 billion in 2003.
Rising at an average annual growth rate (AAGR) of 9.7%, this market will reach more than $54 billion in 2008.
The rest of the world represents 57% of the market but is growing more quickly at an AAGR of 11.3%.
Nearly 60% of the market in 2003 was allocated to active packaging (about $7 billion) and controlled atmosphere packaging ($13 billion).
Intelligent packaging, although it encompasses a wider range than foods and beverages in its purview, represents another $14.8 billion for systems that track food and beverage products throughout the supply chain.
When do I get the report?
Most reports are fulfilled immediately. In some cases, it could take up to 24 hours.
In what format does this report get delivered to me?
We will send you an email with login credentials to access the report. You will also be able to download the pdf.
What are the free reports included in my purchase?
They consist of a collection of current reports from various partner publishers scanning multiple industries.
What is the difference between BCC Research and BCC Publishing?
BCC Research curates thousands of reports from different sources and provides access to this content to our clients. BCC Publishing is the publication arm of BCC Research (one of several publishers in our portal).
What reports do I get 'discounts' on with my purchase?
All reports. BCC Publishing reports will be available for a 50% discount. All other partner publishers are also available at deeply discounted rates.
Where are you located?
Wellesley Massachusetts, just outside of Boston, Massachusetts, USA.
How long has BCC Research been around?
We are approaching our 50 year anniversary in 2021!
What if I want you to invoice me for payment via Purchase Order?
Simply choose Pay by Purchase Order when you are checking out. We will connect with you via email to set up your order.
What if I have a question about your reports?
Call us, email us, or chat with us! We encourage your questions and feedback. We have a research concierge team available at all times, and included in every purchase, to help our customers find the research they need-when they need it.
Can I share this report with my team?
Absolutely yes, with the purchase of additional user licenses.
Can I use your research in my presentation?
Absolutely yes, so long as the publisher is properly cited.