Plant-Based Protein: Global Markets
The global market for plant-based proteins is estimated to increase from $11.8 billion in 2022 to $17.8 billion by 2027, at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 8.5% from 2022 through 2027.
- 205 data tables and 57 additional tables
- An up-to-date overview of the global market for plant-based proteins within the industry
- Analyses of the global market trends, with data from 2021, estimates for 2022, and projections of compound annual growth rates (CAGRs) through 2027
- Evaluation and forecast the global plant-based protein market size in value and volumetric terms, and corresponding market share analysis based on protein source, type, application, and region
- Latest information on market opportunities and drivers, key shifts and regulations, industry specific challenges, and other macroeconomic factors that will shape this market demand in the coming years (2022-2027)
- Country specific data and analysis for the plant-based protein featuring the U.S., Canada, Brazil, China, India, Germany, UK, France, Italy, Spain, Japan, Australia, South Africa, Saudi Arabia, Mexico and Argentina
- Discussion of the industry supply chain analysis providing a systematic study of key intermediaries involved, with emphasis on region specific market regulations for plant-based proteins
- Discussion on COVID-19 impact on demand and supply of plant-based proteins, pricing analysis at both global and regional level, and various strategic decisions taken by government to boost the marketplace
- Patent review and analysis of patent grants on plant-based proteins
- Key merger and acquisition deals, partnerships, collaborations and joint ventures as well as other strategic alliances within the marketplace
- Identification of the major stakeholders and analysis of the competitive landscape based on recent developments and segmental revenues
- Descriptive company profiles of the leading plant-based protein manufacturers, including ADM, Cargill Inc., IFF International Flavors & Fragrances Inc., Kerry Group, Glanbia Plc and Wilmar International Ltd.
The report will provide an updated review of the global plant-based protein market, focusing on its source, type and application. Definitive and detailed estimates and forecasts of the global plant-based protein market are provided, followed by a detailed analysis of regions, countries and manufacturers.
The global plant-based protein market is segmented by source into soy, wheat, pea, rice, canola, potato and others. The market is segmented by type into including isolates, concentrates and others. Based on application, the market is segmented into food and beverages, infant formulation, personal care and cosmetics, animal feed, and nutrition and supplements.
The report will include a COVID-19 impact analysis on the plant-based protein market at the global level. The impact analysis will cover the impact of the pandemic on demand, supply and prices.
The market size and estimations are provided in terms of value (U.S. $millions) and volume (kilo tons), considering 2021 as a base year, and a market forecast will be provided from 2022 to 2027. Regional level market size with respect to source, type and application are provided. The impact of COVID-19 impact was factored into the marketing estimation.
The report also includes a discussion of the major players across each regional plant-based protein market. Further, it explains the major drivers and regional dynamics of the global plant-based protein market and current trends within the industry. The report concludes with a particular focus on the vendor landscape and includes detailed profiles of the major vendors in the market.
BCC Publishing Staff comprises expert analysts who are skilled in conducting primary research, secondary research and data analysis and have decades of combined experience covering a wide range of industries, including healthcare, advanced materials and emerging technologies. Collectively, the team represents a diverse set of educational achievements with individual graduate work completed in fields such as microbiology, electrical engineering, business administration and surgery, among others.
The global plant protein market should grow from $9.1 billion in 2018 to $13.9 billion by 2023 with a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 8.8% during the period of 2018-2023.
- 89 data tables and 37 additional tables
- A brief general outlook of the global plant-based protein market
- Analyses of global market trends with data from 2017 to 2018, and projections of compound annual growth rates (CAGRs) through 2023
- Identification of shifts in the market from animal protein towards proteins derived from plants and consumer demand for sustainable products, along with a global competitive landscape, major M&A deals, and strategic alliances
- Data corresponding to regional trade analysis, and import and export of plant-based protein ingredients in value and volumetric terms
- Elaboration on the role of government regulations, recent technological advancements, and economic trends and factors that shape and influence the future marketplace
- Company profiles of the market leading players, including Axiom Foods Inc., Cargill, Kerry Group, CHS Inc., and NOW Health Group, Inc.