Breast Cancer Diagnostic and Drug Technologies: Global Markets
The global breast cancer diagnostic and drug market should reach $21.8 billion by 2022 from $18.2 billion in 2017 at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 3.6% for the period 2017-2022.
- 36 data tables and 47 additional tables
- Country specific data and analysis for United States, Canada, Mexico, UK, France, Germany, Italy, China, India, Japan, and South Korea
- Estimated revenue of the global mammography, biopsy, companion diagnostic IVD, and therapeutic markets by various segments and subsegments
- Identification of key market dynamics, trends, and opportunities
- Insight into mergers and acquisitions, new product developments, strategies, and research-and-development activities
- Comprehensive profiles of major players in the market, including Abbvie, Inc., Abbott Laboratories, Bristol-Myers Squibb Company, Dako, Eli Lilly and Company, Novartis International AG, and Pfizer, Inc.
This report is an update to Breast Cancer Diagnostics and Therapeutics Market Report-HLC106B.
The objective of the current report is to provide the readers with updated market estimates for the diagnostics and therapeutics market. This report also highlights current and future market potential for breast cancer therapeutics along with a detailed analysis of the competitive environment, pipeline drugs, blockbuster drugs and other diagnostic and therapeutic development.
The report includes breast cancer epidemiology including global and regional prevalence, incidence and mortality rates; regulatory environment for markers and therapeutics along with recent regulatory approvals, current and new technologies, market projections and market share for key market players. Market drivers, trends and potential regional market opportunities for diagnostics and therapeutics are also identified in this report.
The report details currently available diagnostic breast cancer screening tests, breast cancer staging and prognostic technology advancements, predictive diagnostic tests and the latest therapy developments for breast cancer treatment. This study evaluates available tumor marker-based predictive companion tests and FDA approved drugs for treating breast cancer. Screening biomarkers, pipeline analysis, patent analysis and reimbursement scenarios are some additions to the current report.
This report includes market estimates for breast cancer diagnostics (mammography, biopsy and companion diagnostics), therapeutics along with market share of therapeutics by drug class (HER2 inhibitors, mitotic inhibitors, anti-metabolites, aromatase inhibitors and hormone receptors), geographic market segmentation of the overall market and global market share by company with special emphasis on developed and underdeveloped geographic regions. For market estimates, data has been provided for the year 2016, as the base year, 2017 and a forecast for 2022.
Led by Research Head Karthik Arun, the BCC Research staff is composed of expert analysts skilled in conducting primary research, secondary research and data analysis and who have decades of combined experience covering a wide range of industries, including healthcare, advanced materials and emerging technologies. Collectively, the team represents a diverse set of educational achievements with individual graduate work completed in microbiology, electrical engineering, business administration, surgery and other subject areas.
The global market for breast cancer diagnostic and drug technologies was about $20.8 billion in 2012. This market reached about $22.3 billion in 2014 and is expected to reach $27 billion in 2019, registering a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 4% through 2014-2019.
- An overview of the global market for breast cancer diagnostics and drug technologies.
- Analyses of market trends, with data from 2012, estimates for 2014, and projections of CAGRs through 2019.
- A comprehensive review of emerging breast cancer personalized and predictive diagnostic tests, particularly with regard to companion tests, tumor markers, and gene profiling assays relevant for breast cancer prognosis and diagnosis.
- Information on products in the market and detailed analyses of the market's segments and competitive environments.
- Assessments of technological developments, product innovations, and recent strategic industry activity of across different product categories.
- Comprehensive company profiles of major players in the industry.
The global market for Predictive Breast Cancer diagnostic and drug Technologies was valued at $23.4 billion in 2010 and came down to $21.2 billion in 2011. This market is expected to rise at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 2.5% and reach $24 billion by 2016.