Global Dental Markets: Furniture, Equipment, Materials and Supplies
The global dental market reached $46.4 billion in 2013. This market should grow to about $47.7 billion in 2014 and to about $55 billion in 2019, with a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 2.9%.
- An overview of the global dental market including furniture, equipment, materials, and supplies.
- Analyses of global market trends, with data from 2013, estimates for 2014, and projections of compound annual growth rates (CAGRs) through 2019.
- Segmentation of the market into dental equipment, dental materials and supplies, restorative/cosmetic, pharmaceuticals, and other segments.
- Detailed information based on product categories, uses of products, forecasts, and competitive analyses.
- Insight into how newer technologies (e.g., dental lasers, product delivery solutions) continue to have a significant impact on the dental industry.
SCOPE AND FORMAT
This newly updated BCC Research report is designed to be a helpful business tool that provides a thorough evaluation of the market for dental equipment and supplies. The geographic scope of this study is global. The report identifies markets in the professional segments of dental furniture and equipment, general dental materials and supplies, dental treatment materials and supplies, and restorative and cosmetic materials and supplies, and additionally provides a basic overview of consumer dental market segments. Each market segment discussion provides detailed information based on product categories, uses of products, forecasts and competitive analyses.
The global dental market encompasses two general market segments:
- Professional dental markets.
- Furniture and equipment.
- Materials and supplies: General dental.
- Materials and supplies: Preventive dental.
- Materials and supplies: Dental treatment.
- Materials and supplies: Restorative and cosmetic.
- Consumer dental markets.
- Daily preventive care and treatment.
- Cosmetic materials and supplies.
The following products are included within each segment:
- Dental furniture and equipment: dental office furnishings; cavity preparation systems and air abrasion units; dental lasers; computer-aided drafting/computer-aided manufacturing (CAD/CAM) systems, sterilizers and autoclaves; amalgamators and mixers; imaging/x-ray devices and related equipment; laboratory equipment; and other dental equipment, including dental instruments and tools.
- Materials and supplies-General dental supplies: cotton sponges, rolls and tips; disposable tips and covers; patient bibs and other paper operatory products; imaging materials and x-ray films; and mounts and digital supplies.
- Materials and Supplies-Preventive dental: fluoride and related materials; temporary sealants and fillings; oral rinses; cleaning agents and materials; and disclosing agents.
- Materials and Supplies-Dental treatment: filling materials; filling supplies and accessories, endodontic materials and supplies; finishing materials and supplies; and pharmaceuticals and anesthetics.
- Materials and Supplies-Reconstructive and cosmetic: dental implants; crown materials and supplies; impression materials and supplies; tissue and bone regeneration; bleaching materials and other cosmetic products.
The consumer dental market segment includes the two product areas of:
- Daily preventive care and treatments: toothbrushes, toothpaste, dental rinses, dental floss and other products.
- Cosmetic products: whitening products such as whitening strips, trays and gels.
MELISSA ELDER is a healthcare market analyst specializing in treatments, medical equipment and devices. As a research analyst for more than 20 years, she also worked in medical training and advanced medical technologies. She holds a B.S. degree in business management and is pursuing an MBA in health care management from California Coast University.
The total U.S. dental market reached $12.7 billion in 2010. It is expected to reach $13 billion in 2011 and it will further grow to $14.4 billion by 2016 at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 2.0%.
- The U.S. dental market was worth nearly $7.6 billion in 2007. The market is projected to grow to almost $8.0 billion in 2008 and nearly $10.0 billion by 2013, representing a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 4.7%.
- The retail dental care segment is the largest market segment, generating $4.6 billion in 2007 and an estimated $4.8 billion in 2008. This segment should increase to $5.8 billion in 2013, for a CAGR of 3.9%.
- The professional equipment and supplies segment was worth almost $3.0 billion in 2007 and an estimated $3.2 billion in 2008. This is expected to grow at a CAGR of 5.8% to reach $4.2 billion in 2013.
The dental market is estimated at nearly $6.7 billion in 2005, up from $6.2 billion the previous year. It will reach nearly $9.4 billion in 2010, an average annual growth rate (AAGR) of 7%.
The professional dental equipment and supplies markets are presently worth around $2.3 billion and will see an AAGR of 6.5% through 2010.
The retail dental care market stands at $4.4 billion and will grow to approximately $6.2 billion by 2010.
When do I get the report?
Most reports are fulfilled immediately. In some cases, it could take up to 24 hours.
In what format does this report get delivered to me?
We will send you an email with login credentials to access the report. You will also be able to download the pdf.
What are the free reports included in my purchase?
They consist of a collection of current reports from various partner publishers scanning multiple industries.
What is the difference between BCC Research and BCC Publishing?
BCC Research curates thousands of reports from different sources and provides access to this content to our clients. BCC Publishing is the publication arm of BCC Research (one of several publishers in our portal).
What reports do I get 'discounts' on with my purchase?
All reports. BCC Publishing reports will be available for a 50% discount. All other partner publishers are also available at deeply discounted rates.
Where are you located?
Wellesley Massachusetts, just outside of Boston, Massachusetts, USA.
How long has BCC Research been around?
We are approaching our 50 year anniversary in 2021!
What if I want you to invoice me for payment via Purchase Order?
Simply choose Pay by Purchase Order when you are checking out. We will connect with you via email to set up your order.
What if I have a question about your reports?
Call us, email us, or chat with us! We encourage your questions and feedback. We have a research concierge team available at all times, and included in every purchase, to help our customers find the research they need-when they need it.
Can I share this report with my team?
Absolutely yes, with the purchase of additional user licenses.
Can I use your research in my presentation?
Absolutely yes, so long as the publisher is properly cited.