Global Dental Markets: Furniture, Equipment, Materials and Supplies
The global market for dental equipment, materials and supplies should grow from $60.5 billion in 2019 to reach $70.8 billion by 2024 at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 3.2% for the period of 2019-2024.
- 87 data tables and 55 additional tables
- An overview of the global dental market including furniture, equipment, materials, and supplies
- Analyses of global market trends, with data from 2018, estimates for 2019, and projections of compound annual growth rates (CAGRs) through 2024
- Characterization and quantification of market into dental equipment, dental materials and supplies, restorative/cosmetic, and pharmaceuticals
- Details about product categories, uses of products, forecasts, and competitive analyses
- Information regarding significant products, players, issues, trends, and other information affecting the dental industry
- Insights into how dental lasers and advanced product delivery solutions impacting the dental industry’s growth
- Company profiles of the leading players in the industry, including Colgate-Palmolive Co., Danaher Corp., Dentsply Sirona Inc., GlaxoSmithKline PLC, and Procter & Gamble
This newly updated BCC Research report is designed to be a helpful business tool that provides a thorough evaluation of the market for dental equipment and supplies. The geographic scope of this study is global. The report identifies markets in the professional segments of dental furniture and equipment, general dental materials and supplies, dental treatment materials and supplies, as well as restorative and cosmetic materials and supplies, and additionally covers a basic overview of consumer dental market segments. Each market segment discussion provides detailed information based on product categories, uses of products, forecasts and competitive analyses.
The global dental market encompasses two general market segments:
- Professional dental markets.
- Furniture and equipment.
- Materials and supplies — general dental.
- Materials and supplies — preventive dental.
- Materials and supplies — dental treatment.
- Materials and supplies — restorative and cosmetic.
- Consumer dental markets.
- Daily preventive care and treatment.
- Cosmetic materials and supplies.
The following products are included in the professional market:
- Dental furniture and equipment — dental office furnishings; cavity-preparation systems and air abrasion units; dental lasers; CAD/CAM systems; practice management and workflow solutions; imaging/X-ray devices and related equipment; laboratory equipment and other dental equipment including dental instruments and tools; sterilizers and autoclaves; and amalgamators and mixers.
- Materials and supplies‒general dental supplies — cotton sponges, rolls, and tips; disposable tips and covers; patient bibs and other paper operatory products; imaging materials, X-ray films; mounts and digital supplies.
- Materials and supplies‒preventive dental — fluoride and related materials; temporary sealants and fillings; oral rinses; cleaning agents and materials; disclosing agents.
- Materials and supplies‒dental treatment — filling materials; filling supplies and accessories, endodontic materials and supplies; finishing materials and supplies; and pharmaceuticals and anesthetics.
- Materials and supplies‒reconstructive and cosmetic — dental implants; crown materials and supplies; impression materials and supplies; tissue and bone regeneration; bleaching materials; other cosmetic products.
The consumer dental market segment includes the two product areas of:
- Daily preventive care and treatments — toothbrushes, toothpaste, dental rinses, dental floss, other products.
- Cosmetic products — whitening products such as whitening strips, trays and gels.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Melissa Elder is an experienced healthcare market analyst specializing in medical treatments, equipment and devices. Ms. Elder holds an MBA in Health Care Management and provides consultation to various institutions globally. She has been involved in the healthcare industry since 1996, providing more than 23 years of industry expertise. Ms. Elder has specialized in market research for more than 20 years, focusing on the areas of advanced medical technologies, biological products and animal health. In-depth analysis into more than 100 health-related topics has given Ms. Elder substantial insight into industry dynamics, market influences and future direction of various health markets. Her work in the medical community, including emergency room medical training and healthcare information system coordination, has enhanced her ability to provide insight into many healthcare specialties. She has authored several industry-specific documents and is a well-respected contributor to the market research community. Her writings are published in magazines, newspapers and professional journals. She is also an experienced custom market research writer who has worked with a large variety of clients in many fields who require innumerable variations to research documents.
The global dental market reached $46.4 billion in 2013. This market should grow to about $47.7 billion in 2014 and to about $55 billion in 2019, with a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 2.9%.
- An overview of the global dental market including furniture, equipment, materials, and supplies.
- Analyses of global market trends, with data from 2013, estimates for 2014, and projections of compound annual growth rates (CAGRs) through 2019.
- Segmentation of the market into dental equipment, dental materials and supplies, restorative/cosmetic, pharmaceuticals, and other segments.
- Detailed information based on product categories, uses of products, forecasts, and competitive analyses.
- Insight into how newer technologies (e.g., dental lasers, product delivery solutions) continue to have a significant impact on the dental industry.
The total U.S. dental market reached $12.7 billion in 2010. It is expected to reach $13 billion in 2011 and it will further grow to $14.4 billion by 2016 at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 2.0%.
- The U.S. dental market was worth nearly $7.6 billion in 2007. The market is projected to grow to almost $8.0 billion in 2008 and nearly $10.0 billion by 2013, representing a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 4.7%.
- The retail dental care segment is the largest market segment, generating $4.6 billion in 2007 and an estimated $4.8 billion in 2008. This segment should increase to $5.8 billion in 2013, for a CAGR of 3.9%.
- The professional equipment and supplies segment was worth almost $3.0 billion in 2007 and an estimated $3.2 billion in 2008. This is expected to grow at a CAGR of 5.8% to reach $4.2 billion in 2013.
The dental market is estimated at nearly $6.7 billion in 2005, up from $6.2 billion the previous year. It will reach nearly $9.4 billion in 2010, an average annual growth rate (AAGR) of 7%.
The professional dental equipment and supplies markets are presently worth around $2.3 billion and will see an AAGR of 6.5% through 2010.
The retail dental care market stands at $4.4 billion and will grow to approximately $6.2 billion by 2010.