Medical Devices: Technologies and Global Markets
BCC Research estimates the global market for medical device technologies as $390.3 billion in 2012. This indication has reached $411.8 billion in 2013 and is expected to reach $538.7 billion in 2018, registering a compound annual growth (CAGR) of 5.5% over the next five years.
- An overview of the global medical devices market.
- Analyses of global market trends, with data from 2012 and 2013, and projections of compound annual growth rates (CAGRs) through 2018.
- Discussion of definitions, evolution and types of devices, regulations and legislations, as well as key industry aspects such as market drivers and industry strategies.
- Information on the refurbished and replacement market, mergers and acquisitions, market shares for key players, and trends broken down by geography, new technology, and new materials used.
- An in-depth breakdown of devices by technology type including: imaging devices, in-vitro diagnostic devices, cardiovascular devices, orthopedic and spine, urology and renal devices, endoscopic devices, and drug delivery systems.
- Comprehensive company profiles of major players in the industry.
SCOPE OF THE REPORT
This research report incorporates an in-depth analysis of the medical device technologies market, including market estimations and trends through 2018. Major players, competitive intelligence, innovative technologies, market dynamics and geographic opportunities are discussed in detail in the report. The report also examines recent developments and product portfolios of the major players along with their market shares. Patent analysis in the report focuses on technological trends in recent years in geographies such as the U.S., Europe and Japan. The report presents a market analysis and estimates the compound annual growth rate (CAGR) for medical device technologies.
The scope of the report extends to only those medical device technologies that generate the most revenue globally. However, we have excluded dental device technologies as some imaging devices used in dentistry overlap with other devices already covered under the imaging device technologies segments.
Vijay Laxmi has more than 20 years of experience in the healthcare domain. In addition to business research and consulting, she has conducted corporate briefings for top players in a wide range of market segments. She has worked with major market research firms and handled projects for various consultancies. Some of her market research studies include reports on:
- Various medical device markets.
- High-growth and niche markets in healthcare and life sciences.
- Home healthcare market.
- Medical tourism.