Software-Defined Networking: Technologies and Global Markets
The global market for software-defined networking (SDN) was nearly $1.9 billion in 2014. The market is expected to reach $56.1 billion by 2020 from nearly $2.4 billion in 2015, increasing at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 88.1% from 2015 to 2020.
- An overview of the global markets for software-defined networking (SDN) defined as an abstraction layer that generates a logical form of physical networking hardware components such as switches, routers, firewalls, load balancers, VPNs and several other connected workloads.
- Analyses of global market trends, with data from 2014, estimates for 2015, and projections of CAGRs through 2020.
- An understanding of deployment benefits of SDN in enterprises, carriers and telecom operators, datacenter operators, cloud service providers and Internet service providers.
- Analysis of the requirements, scale, and usage of SDN for different user segments, as well as identification of the needs and scope of SDN for each user segment.
- Evaluation of
- Next generation network architecture strategies
- New API developments
- New hardware devices and software platform developments
- Virtualization and cloud based solutions
- Coverage of key architecture components including SDN controllers, Southbound API's and Northbound API's.
- Profiles of major players in the industry.
SCOPE OF REPORT
This report includes the study of 100 globally distributed companies offering SDN solutions. Through these 100 companies, BCC Research has been able to establish a market definition for SDN, SDN solutions offered, market segments covered and future growth of SDN. The report includes marketing strategies, product positioning strategies, merger and acquisition strategies, and use cases for SDN as well as projections for SDN through 2020.
This report covers commercial aspects of SDN rather than technical ones. Although the report provides information on the evolution of SDN and its architecture and components, the key focus is on its applications and markets.
The report covers the period from 2015 to 2020, with historical data from 2014. The report covers SDN adoption in major global regions such as North America; Europe, the Middle East and Africa (EMEA); Asia-Pacific (APAC); and the Caribbean and Latin America (CALA). The report focuses on SDN vendors of controllers, SDN-enabled switches, and other hardware and applications. It discusses communities developing open source protocols and products that will help in enabling SDN. The report also details business sectors and service provider businesses such as Internet service providers (ISPs), carrier network providers, cloud computing services providers and data center service providers.
This report provides forecasts for three key business segments:
- Cloud service providers.
With more than 10 years of experience with market research publishers, management consultants and government bodies, Anand Gijare specializes in predictive and exploratory research projects for market demand potential, sizing and perceptions, as well as in analyzing macro and micro markets in terms of key gaps and opportunities. His expertise includes market trends and drivers, competitive scenarios, value chain analysis and in-depth global market forecasts. He has worked on research studies across a variety of industrial sectors, including pharmaceuticals, healthcare, and information and communication technology.