2013 Instrumentation and Sensors Research Review
- The global market for sensors reached $68.2 billion in 2012 and is expected to reach $79.5 billion in 2014. The market is expected to rise at a CAGR of 7.9% and reach $116.1 billion by 2019.
- The global market for microscopes and accessories was worth $3.8 billion in 2012. Sales are projected to exceed $4.0 billion in 2013 and approach nearly $5.4 billion by 2018, a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 6% between 2013 and 2018.
- The global market for remote sensing products is expected to reach $7.6 billion by the end of 2013. This market is further expected to grow to $8.1 billion in 2014 and $12.1 billion in 2019, a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 8.2% over the five-year period from 2014 to 2019.
ABOUT BCC RESEARCH REVIEWS
Research Reviews from BCC Research provide market professionals with concise market coverage within a specific research category. These Research Reviews include portions of several market research reports that were published in 2013, and are an efficient way for market professionals to keep up with the general market developments of 2013.
Please note that page references in the text are to pages in the original, complete report, and do not reflect the actual page numbers in this Research Review.
This 2013 Instrumentation and Sensors Research Review includes excerpts from the following reports:
- IAS006E Global Markets and Technologies for Sensors.
- IAS017E Microscopy: The Global Market.
- IAS022D Remote Sensing Technologies and Global Markets.
- IAS028B Portable Analysis Instrumentation.
- IAS029C Terahertz Radiation Systems: Technologies and Global Markets.
- IAS037B Ultraviolet (UV) Disinfection Equipment: Major Applications and Global Markets.
We encourage you to obtain and benefit from the full market research reports that are excerpted in this Research Review.
BCC Research looks forward to serving your market intelligence needs in the future.
Kevin R. Fitzgerald
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
- Analyses of each bulk acoustic wave technology type, its current market status, examines its impact on future markets and technologies play in wireless communication and industrial, military and safety monitoring as well as instrumentation.
- Information about technological processes that have been made toward bridging the terahertz gap and assessing the commercial potential of THz radiation devices over the next five to 10 years.
- Information about pharmacy automation markets by inpatient and outpatient pharmacy settings, and by product type. Each segment is further extrapolated to provide detailed information of current and emerging products, current market estimates and market forecasts, and competitive analyses.
- The global market for process analytical technology (PAT) instrumentation was valued at nearly $195 million in 2010. This market is expected to increase by a 7.4% compound annual growth rate (CAGR) to reach an estimated $279 million in 2015.
- The global environmental sensor and monitoring market was worth $11.1 billion in 2010. This market is expected to reach $11.3 billion in 2011 and $15.3 billion in 2016, a CAGR of 6.5% between 2011 and 2016.
- The global market for microscopes and accessories was worth $3.1 billion in 2010. Sales are projected to exceed $3.2 billion in 2011 and $4.1 billion in 2016, a compound annual growth rate of 5% for 2011 to 2016.
BCC Research estimates the global market for gas flow meters, sensors, monitors, and secondary flow instrumentation at about $3.6 billion in 2009 and $3.9 billion in 2010. Growing at a projected compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 5.9%, the market should approach $5.2 billion by 2015.
BCC estimates the total global market for RFID technologies at about $5.9 billion in 2009 and $6.4 billion in 2010. By 2015, BCC expects the market to grow to $11.3 billion, with a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 12.1% over the next 5 years.
BCC estimates the global market for electronic, electro-optical, and other modern technologies used in airports to have been nearly $8.2 billion in 2009. BCC estimates the market at $10.3 billion in 2010 and expects it to exceed $13.7 billion in 2015, a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 5.9% over the next 5 years.