RFID: Technologies, Applications and North American Markets
North American market for radio-frequency identification (RFID) technologies will grow from nearly $7.2 billion in 2018 to $13.5 billion by 2023 with a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 13.4% for the period of 2018-2023.
- An overview of North American RFID technology market
- Comparison of the characteristics of RFID and bar-code technologies
- Description of RFID technologies such as tags, printers/encoders and software
- Evaluation of application of RFID technologies in identification/security, e-payments, material handling/logistics, asset tracking and military
- Detailed profile of major companies of the industry, including Alien Technology LLC, Biomark Inc., CenTraK RTLS (Awarepoint Corp.), Datalogic SpA., Honeywell Scanning & Mobility, I.D. Systems and Zebra Technologies Corp.
This report addresses the need for an objective, quantitative analysis covering emerging RFID technologies in the context of the North American RFID market. The report provides a snapshot of the North American RFID market and the share of principal applications and end-use industries that constitute it. It also provides an overview of RFID technologies (tags, printers/encoders and software). For this report, the North American RFID market is segmented by application into identification/security, e-payments, material handling/logistics, asset tracking, military applications and other applications. The report also reviews the North American RFID market for key end-use industries such as agriculture, mining, manufacturing, healthcare, transportation and logistics, retail/personal services, government/military and consumers.
Led by Research Head Karthik Arun, the BCC Research Staff comprises expert analysts who are skilled in conducting primary research, secondary research and data analysis and have decades of combined experience covering a wide range of industries, including ICT, healthcare, advanced materials and emerging technologies. Collectively, the team represents a diverse set of educational achievements with individual graduate work completed in microbiology, electrical engineering, business administration and surgery, among others.