The global market for spectroscopy equipment should grow from $14.7 billion in 2018 to $17.0 billion by 2023 at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 3.0% during the forecast period of 2018-2023.
- 64 data tables and 13 additional tables
- An overview of the global markets for spectroscopy equipment
- Analyses of global market trends with data from 2017, estimates for 2018, and projections of compound annual growth rates (CAGRs) through 2023
- Market information on spectroscopy equipment and its key segments, including product types, end users and region
- Key insight into the major driving factors, trends and challenges that affect the market and the manufacturing landscape
- Identification of potential applications of spectroscopy equipment in the pharmaceutical and biotechnology, food and beverage, and environmental industries
- A look into the regulatory environment, new products and advancements, and current trends within the industry
- Detailed profiles of leading companies in the industry, including Agilent Technologies, Bruker Corp., Danaher Corp., JEOL Ltd., PerkinElmer, and Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.
The research study includes market information on spectroscopy equipment and its key segments, including product types, end users and regions.
This report focuses on the global market of spectroscopy products, providing an updated review of product applications in three main industries: pharmaceutical and biotechnology, food and beverages, and environmental. The report also considers other industries such as textiles, metals, forensics and energy. The scope of the study is global.
BCC Research analyzed each market and its applications, regulatory environment, new products and advancements, market projections and market shares. The geographical regions covered in the report are North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific and the Rest of the World (RoW). The RoW region covers countries such as South Africa, Brazil, Saudi Arabia, the United Arab Emirates and Israel. The report discusses the major players across each regional market. Further, it explains the major drivers and market dynamics of the market and current trends within the industry.
The conclusion of the report focuses on the vendor landscape, providing detailed profiles of the major vendors in the global market for spectroscopy equipment. Major market players in the spectroscopy industry are Agilent Technologies, Bruker Corp., Danaher Corp., Jeol Ltd., PerkinElmer, Shimadzu Corp., Thermo Fisher Scientific and Waters Corp.
BCC Publishing Staff comprises expert analysts who are skilled in conducting primary research, secondary research and data analysis and have decades of combined experience covering a wide range of industries, including healthcare, advanced materials and emerging technologies. Collectively, the team represents a diverse set of educational achievements with individual graduate work completed in fields such as microbiology, electrical engineering, business administration and surgery, among others.
The global spectroscopy market reached $13.5 billion in 2015 and should reach $15.6 billion in 2020, a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 2.9% through 2020.
- An overview of the global market for spectroscopy, including definitions and history of the science, and an introduction to the different types of spectroscopy equipment
- Analyses of global market trends, with data from 2013 and 2014, estimates for 2015, and projections of compound annual growth rates (CAGRs) through 2020.
- Discussion of the different types of spectroscopic analysis: bulk, mixture, surface, and spectroscopic microanalysis
- Examination of the markets for spectroscopic instruments by their typical applications; these applications are broken into six main groups: biotechnology, environmental, food and beverage, industrial chemistry, materials, and pharmaceuticals
- Evaluations of the technology, with an emphasis on both established and new spectroscopic technologies
- Present and future trends within the spectroscopy market, which includes molecular, atomic, mass/hyphenated, and some other types of spectroscopies
- Coverage of the structure and activities of the spectroscopic industry, with emphasis on industry classification, the active mergers-and-acquisitions (M&A) business, marketing and competitive factors, and major domestic producers and suppliers
- Profiles of the major players and suppliers in the industry
The global spectrometry market increased from $7.8 billion in 2011 to $8.5 billion in 2012 and is expected to reach $14.8 billion in 2017, a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 11.7% for the forecast period of 2012 to 2017.
- An overview of the global market for spectroscopy, including definitions and history of the science, and an introduction to the different types of spectroscopy equipment.
- Discussion of the different types of spectroscopic analysis: bulk, mixture, surface, and spectroscopic microanalysis.
- Examination of the markets for spectroscopic instruments by their typical applications; these applications are broken into six main groups: biotechnology, environmental, food and beverage, industrial chemistry, materials, and pharmaceuticals.
- Evaluations of the technology, with an emphasis on both established and new spectroscopic technologies.
- Coverage of the structure and activities of the spectroscopic industry, with emphasis on industry classification, the active mergers-and-acquisitions (M&A) business, marketing and competitive factors, and major domestic producers and suppliers.
- Comprehensive company profiles of the major suppliers in the industry.
The total U.S. spectroscopy market by application was worth $4.9 billion in 2009. This market is expected to increase by a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 6% to reach $6.5 billion in 2014.
Pharmaceuticals, the current application market leader, had a 2009 value of more than $1 billion. This market is expected to grow at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 6.1% to reach $1.4 billion in 2014.
Molecular spectroscopy is a large market that in 2009 was estimated to be about $1.8 billion. It should expand at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 6.1% to nearly $2.4 billion in 2014.
The total U.S. market for spectroscopic instruments was more than $3.6 billion in 2005. At an average annual growth rate (AAGR) of 7.7%, this market will cross $5.2 billion by 2010
Molecular spectroscopy, the science of analysis of molecules, consists of infrared (IR), ultraviolet and visible (UV-Vis or UV/Vis), Raman, and nuclear and electron spin resonance (NMR/ESR) spectroscopy. This is a large market that in 2005 BCC Research estimates to be about $1.2 billion, growing at an AAGR of 7.2% to almost $1.7 billion in 2010.
Atomic spectroscopy, concerned more with the determination and analysis of individual atoms, consists of atomic absorption (AA), X-ray, arc/spark, and plasma spectroscopy. This total market in the United States was about $942 million in 2005 and should grow at an AAGR of 6.6% to almost $1.3 billion in 2010.
The 2002, the U.S. spectroscopy market was about $ 2.8 billion, increasing at a 9.1% average annual growth rate (AAGR).
Fastest growth will be in hyphenated spectroscopy, increasing at a 12.2% AAGR.
Sales of hyphenated spectroscopy will reach about $787.9 million in 2007.
Mass spectroscopy will show a 10.9% AAGR, and 2007 sales of $930.5 million.
When do I get the report?
Most reports are fulfilled immediately. In some cases, it could take up to 24 hours.
In what format does this report get delivered to me?
We will send you an email with login credentials to access the report. You will also be able to download the pdf.
What are the free reports included in my purchase?
They consist of a collection of current reports from various partner publishers scanning multiple industries.
What is the difference between BCC Research and BCC Publishing?
BCC Research curates thousands of reports from different sources and provides access to this content to our clients. BCC Publishing is the publication arm of BCC Research (one of several publishers in our portal).
What reports do I get 'discounts' on with my purchase?
All reports. BCC Publishing reports will be available for a 50% discount. All other partner publishers are also available at deeply discounted rates.
Where are you located?
Wellesley Massachusetts, just outside of Boston, Massachusetts, USA.
How long has BCC Research been around?
We are approaching our 50 year anniversary in 2021!
What if I want you to invoice me for payment via Purchase Order?
Simply choose Pay by Purchase Order when you are checking out. We will connect with you via email to set up your order.
What if I have a question about your reports?
Call us, email us, or chat with us! We encourage your questions and feedback. We have a research concierge team available at all times, and included in every purchase, to help our customers find the research they need-when they need it.
Can I share this report with my team?
Absolutely yes, with the purchase of additional user licenses.
Can I use your research in my presentation?
Absolutely yes, so long as the publisher is properly cited.