The global market for nanotechnologies in energy applications should grow from $5.7 billion in 2018 to reach $10.0 billion by 2023 at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 12.0% for the period of 2018-2023.
- 65 data tables and 15 additional tables
- An overview of the global market for nanoscale materials (nanopowders, nanocomposites, nanoscale thin films, and others) and devices (nanosensors)
- Analyses of global market trends, with data from 2017 to 2018, and projections of compound annual growth rates (CAGRs) through 2023
- Discussion of nanotechnology applications that are currently in commercial use or are likely to be commercialized in the next five years
- An in-depth technology review and a detailed patent analysis
- Profiles of major companies of the industry, including Altair Nanotechnologies Inc., Dow Chemical Co., Honeywell UOP, Johnson Matthey, Plc and Mach 1 Inc.
The report focuses on the global market for nanoscale materials (e.g., nanopowders, nanocomposites, nanoscale thin films and others) and devices (e.g., nanosensors) used in renewable and non-renewable energy production (e.g., petroleum refining, solar energy) and energy storage (e.g. batteries and fuel cells). In the other types of applications (e.g. energy transmission, energy conversion, energy end uses), nanotechnology consumption is negligible.
The report concentrates on nanotechnology applications that are currently in commercial use or are likely to be commercialized by 2023. Other applications that, while promising, are not likely to make it out of the laboratory by 2023, are not covered in depth.
The report does not cover nanoscale materials and devices used to monitor and/or control the environmental impacts of energy production, or use such as nanomaterials used in automotive catalytic converters. These technologies are outside the scope of this study and are covered in detail in several other BCC Research reports such as the report “NAN039C Nanotechnology in Environmental Applications.”
The report format includes the following major elements:
- Executive summary.
- Description of nanomaterials and nanodevices used in energy applications, including properties and fabrication methods.
- Overall market size, segmentation and growth trends.
- Major energy applications of nanoscale materials and devices.
- Types of nanomaterials/nanodevices used.
- Principal developers/manufacturers.
- Journal publications.
- Consumption of nanomaterials and nanodevices, 2018-2023.
Estimated values used are based on manufacturers’ total revenues. Projected and forecasted revenue values are in constant U.S. dollars, unadjusted for inflation.
Stéphane Pleutin, the author of this report, after obtaining his PhD in 1997 from Paris University, has spent about twenty years in research institutions across France and Germany. He has extensive experience in the field of advanced materials, with special emphasis on their possible applications in promising electronic domains such as organic, molecular and neuromorphic electronics. More specifically, he possesses a profound expertise on organic materials, such as conjugated polymers and carbon nanotubes; and materials in the scale of nanometers, such as semiconductor or metallic quantum dots. He currently works as a consultant helping organizations and research institutions.
BCC Research estimates the total energy-related market for nanotechnologies at nearly $8.8 billion in 2012 and $15 billion in 2017, a five-year compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 11.4% through 2017.
- An overview of the global market for nanoscale materials (nanopowders, nanocomposites, nanoscale thin films, and others) and devices (nanosensors).
- Analyses of global market trends, with data from 2011and 2012, and projections of compound annual growth rates (CAGRs) through 2017.
- Discussion of nanotechnology applications that are currently in commercial use or are likely to be commercialized in the next five years.
- An in-depth technology review and a detailed patent analysis.
- Comprehensive company profiles for major players.
The total energy-related market for nanotechnologies at about $4.35 billion in 2006, a figure that is expected to climb to $4.73 billion in 2007 and $7.12 billion in 2012, a CAGR of 8.4% over the next five years.
If enzymes were excluded, the market of nanotechnologies in energy applications would be worth $1.83 billion in 2006, rising to $1.95 billion in 2007 and $3.78 billion in 2012.
Industrial enzymes dominate the market, with a 57.8% market share in 2006, declining somewhat to 46.9% by 2012. Nanostructured monolithics, of which zeolite refinery catalysts are the most important sub-segment, had the second largest market share (34.6%) in 2006. Nanostructured monolithics' share of the market is projected to increase slightly to 36.3% by 2012.
When do I get the report?
Most reports are fulfilled immediately. In some cases, it could take up to 24 hours.
In what format does this report get delivered to me?
We will send you an email with login credentials to access the report. You will also be able to download the pdf.
What are the free reports included in my purchase?
They consist of a collection of current reports from various partner publishers scanning multiple industries.
What is the difference between BCC Research and BCC Publishing?
BCC Research curates thousands of reports from different sources and provides access to this content to our clients. BCC Publishing is the publication arm of BCC Research (one of several publishers in our portal).
What reports do I get 'discounts' on with my purchase?
All reports. BCC Publishing reports will be available for a 50% discount. All other partner publishers are also available at deeply discounted rates.
Where are you located?
Wellesley Massachusetts, just outside of Boston, Massachusetts, USA.
How long has BCC Research been around?
We are approaching our 50 year anniversary in 2021!
What if I want you to invoice me for payment via Purchase Order?
Simply choose Pay by Purchase Order when you are checking out. We will connect with you via email to set up your order.
What if I have a question about your reports?
Call us, email us, or chat with us! We encourage your questions and feedback. We have a research concierge team available at all times, and included in every purchase, to help our customers find the research they need-when they need it.
Can I share this report with my team?
Absolutely yes, with the purchase of additional user licenses.
Can I use your research in my presentation?
Absolutely yes, so long as the publisher is properly cited.