Drugs for Treating Congestive Heart Failure: Global Markets--Focus on Europe
- The global market for congestive heart failure pharmaceuticals was valued at nearly $11.2 billion in 2010. This market is expected to reach nearly $12.2 billion in 2011 and $18.6 billion in 2016, a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 8.9% between 2011 and 2016.
- The European market represents the second largest market category with expected sales of $2.8 billion in 2011. This number should reach $3.7 billion in 2016, a CAGR of 5.8%.
- Germany is the leading region due to an aging population and one of the larger congestive heart failure populations. This segment is projected to approach $759 million in 2011 and grow to $969 million by 2016, a CAGR of 5% between 2011 and 2016.
STUDY GOALS AND OBJECTIVES
The objectives of the study are to present a comprehensive look at the drugs for treating congestive heart failure (CHF)—global market measurements of both the overall market and all possible market segments, and to forecast market and segment growth during the next five years.
REASONS FOR STUDY
This BCC study will increase the awareness of drugs to treat congestive heart failure. The study analyzes the global market for select drugs for treating the congestive heart failure. It does so from different standpoints and addresses issues and trends affecting the market. Congestive heart failure drug manufacturers, driven by both research breakthroughs and increased recognition of expanding market opportunities, have stepped up the pace of development of innovative products. Because of the evolving nature of this important area of study, executives of product development for congestive heart failure drugs must remain ever vigilant of the changing environment and strive to keep abreast of new and currently used modalities in all facets of the market.
SCOPE OF STUDY
This report is a comprehensive business tool designed to provide an in-depth look at drugs for the congestive heart failure market. The geographic scope of the report is global with a special emphasis on individual regions. The report describes the industry, its relationship to the healthcare industry and its participants, and trends for the future.
Categories discussed in the report include:
- Angiotensin converting enzyme (ACE) inhibitors/angiotensin II receptor blocker antagonists (ARBs)
- Beta-adrenergic receptor blocking agents
- Inotropic drugs/vasodilators
All categories are discussed in detail, describing each segment, identifying current products on the market, measuring market size, identifying market drivers, forecasting for 2010 to 2016, and assessing the competitors and competitor market shares.
METHODOLOGY AND INFORMATION SOURCES
Both primary and secondary research methodologies were used in preparing this study. The information and analysis presented in this BCC report are based on extensive first-hand interviews with primary research sources, including executives, product managers, and clinical specialists in the congestive heart failure drug development arena. Background information was obtained from various government agencies, business and medical journals, trade magazines, and interviews with doctors and nurses involved in the treatment of congestive heart failure.
Key information from published literature was used to conduct interviews with more than 20 industry participants to validate and obtain expert opinions on current and future trends in the congestive heart failure drug market. Interviews were the primary basis for development of market size. Interviews were also used to confirm and/or adjust market size and market share estimates, as well as formulating market projections.
All market data pertain to the global market at the manufacturer’s level. Data are expressed in current U.S. dollars. The base year was 2011. Historical data are provided for 2010 and forecast data are provided for 2016. Historical, base year, and forecast data are provided for each market segment and subsegment. Market shares are provided for each market segment for the 2011 base year.
Mary Anne Crandall is an expert industry analyst specializing in the pharmaceutical industry for the last 20 years. She has completed several in-depth studies on various medical topics requiring both medical expertise and excellent knowledge of the pharmaceutical industry. Ms. Crandall has extensive knowledge in the medical field, has an M.S. in psychology, and is currently working on a PhD.
BCC ONLINE SERVICES
BCC offers an online information retrieval service. BCC’s home page, located at www.bccresearch.com, enables readers to:
- Examine BCC’s complete catalog of Market Research Reports and place direct orders
- Subscribe to any of BCC’s many industry newsletters
- Read announcements of recently published reports and newly launched newsletters
- Register for BCC’s well-known conferences
- Request additional information on any BCC product
- Take advantage of special offers.
The information developed in this report, is intended to be as reliable as possible at the time of publication and of a professional nature. This information does not constitute managerial, legal, or accounting advice; nor should it serve as a corporate policy guide, laboratory manual, or an endorsement of any product, as much of the information is of a speculative in nature. The author assumes no responsibility for any loss or damage that might result from reliance on the reported information or from its use.