Pediatric Medicines: Global Markets
The global pediatric market should grow from $92.6 billion in 2019 to reach $116.6 billion by 2024 at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 4.7% for the period of 2019-2024.
- 55 tables
- An overview of the global markets for pediatric medicines within the pharmaceutical industry
- Analyses of the global market trends, with data from 2018, estimates for 2019, and projections of compound annual growth rates (CAGRs) through 2024
- Discussion on market drivers, off-label use, novel formulations and areas of unmet clinical need and emerging countries
- Market analysis for therapeutic fields including neonates and paediatrics childhood cancers, CNS disorders, infectious diseases, immune inflammatory diseases, metabolic diseases, respiratory conditions, vaccinations
- Regulatory environment and incentives for pediatric development
- Profiles of major companies of the industry, including Abbott Laboratories, GlaxoSmithKline, Novartis AG, Sanofi and Vertex Pharmaceuticals Inc.
This new report on pediatric medicine will provide a brief overview on the current status of the industry and recent developments. It presents the changing environment in terms of new legislation and implementation of global pediatric plans. The report analyzes market trends and identifies key therapeutic and geographical challenges and rising opportunities in the developed and developing world. Finally, the report provides insights on how all stakeholders have an essential interest in prioritizing pediatric drug development targets and improving access to safe and effective medicines to children across the globe.
Dr. C. L. Barton has more than 10 years’ practical pharmaceutical research experience with a leading pharmaceutical company and has served as a pan-European pharmaceutical analyst with a European bank. Dr. C.L. Barton Ltd. aims to provide independent, tailor-made, pharmaceutical thematic research to investment houses. Research reports combine independent scientific analysis with patient- and prescription-based models to forecast the potential sales growth of key developmental drugs and to isolate the key drivers within the pharmaceutical sector. For further information, visit www.pharmavision.co.uk.
Dr. Bianca Piachaud-Moustakis has more than 15 years of experience as a writer and research analyst specializing in pharmaceutical and healthcare intelligence and has worked for a number of market intelligence providers in the U.K. She has a broad range of writing experience ranging from international academic and practitioner journals, to producing market intelligence reports and short articles. Areas of specialization include pharmaceuticals, healthcare, diagnostics, drug delivery systems, emerging research and development technologies and pharmaceutical regulation.
The global market for pediatric medicines reached $80.7 billion in 2013 and should reach $83.6 billion in 2014. This market is expected to reach about $100.7 billion by 2019, registering a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 3.8% from 2014 to 2019.
- An overview of the global market for pediatric medicines.
- Analyses of global market trends, with data from 2013 and 2014, and projections of CAGRs through 2019.
- Discussion on market drivers and inhibitors, and the area of unmet clinical need.
- Information on the regulatory environment and impacts of government.
- Details pertaining to the barriers to entry for pediatric medicines.
- Market analysis for therapeutic fields including childhood cancers, CNS disorders, inflammatory diseases, metabolic diseases, respiratory conditions, vaccinations, and viral infections.