Optical Switches: Technologies and Global Markets
The global market for optical switches reached $2.8 billion and $3.3 billion in 2013 and 2014, respectively. This market is expected to grow at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 17% to nearly $7.2 billion for the period 2014-2019.
- An overview of the global markets and technologies for optical switches.
- Analyses of global market trends, with data from 2013 and 2014, and projections of CAGRs through 2019.
- Analysis of the market by application, by type, by networks, and by geography.
- Discussion covering the current and future trends and analysis based on various competitive technologies.
- Coverage of the evolution of optical switches, their future outlook and expectations, and the market's value and supply chains.
- Examination of the market's dynamics, specifically growth drivers, restraints, and opportunities.
- Information on different types of optical switches including mechanical, microelectronics mechanical, liquid crystal, thermal, acousto-, waveguide, magneto-, bubble, and semiconductor optical amplifier switches.
- Relevant patent analysis.
- Comprehensive profiles of major players in the optical switches industry.
SCOPE OF REPORT
The optical switches market is segmented into categories as follows:
- By type: mechanical optical switch, microelectronics mechanical optical switch (MEMS), liquid crystal optical switch, thermal optical switch, acousto-optic switch, waveguide optical switch, magneto-optical switch, bubble switch, semiconductor optical amplifiers switches and fiber Bragg grating based switches.
- By application: optical switching, optical add-drop multiplexing, fiber restoration and protection switching and signal monitoring.
- By network: optical time division multiplexing, optical code division multiplexing and wavelength division multiplexing.
- By geographical region: North America is segmented into U.S., Canada, and Mexico; Europe is segmented into France, Italy, Germany, U.K., Russia, and Commonwealth of Independent States (CIS); Asia-Pacific (APAC) is segmented into China, Japan, Taiwan, South Korea, and others; and ROW covers Middle East, Africa, and South America.
In addition to industry and competitive analysis of the optical switches market, this report also includes a patent analysis and a listing of company profiles for key players in the optical switches market.
Sinha G. Gaurav focuses on electronics and semiconductors markets, robotics and nanotechnology. His publications range from factory automation and big data to industrial controls and helmet-mounted displays. He holds a bachelor's degree in electrical engineering from Rajasthan University and an MBA degree in finance from ICFAI Business School.
- Semiconductor Devices for High Temperature Applications: Market Opportunities (SMC114A)
- Wood Coatings: Technologies and Application Markets (AVM182A)
- Hyperspectral Imaging: Technologies and Global Markets to 2023 (IAS135A)
- Bioremediation: Global Markets and Technologies to 2023 (ENV044A)
- Methane Hydrates: Applications and Global Markets Through 2023 (CHM091A)