Global Markets and Technologies for Photonic Crystals
The global market for components and modules using photonic crystals was valued at $3.5 billion in 2011 and $4.8 billion in 2012. Total market value is expected to reach nearly $20.4 billion in 2017, a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 33.1% between 2012 and 2017.
- Analyses of global market trends, with data from 2010 through 2012, and projections of compound annual growth rates (CAGRs) through 2017.
- Forecasts of the market sizes for the following: Photonic crystal-enabled components and modules such as LEDs, solar and PV cells, displays, biosensors, image sensors, optical fibers, discrete and integrated optical components as well as lasers and supercontinuum sources.
- Discussion of the technology and commercial promise of photonic crystals across applications and domains.
- Examination of the major stakeholder classes engaged in photonic crystal commercialization and the activities of key players in this domain.
- A breakdown of patent activity regarding design innovations, energy applications of photonic crystals, fabrication and synthesis methodologies, integrated circuits and quantum dots, laser applications of photonic crystals, lighting applications, photonic crystal fiber applications, sensor applications, and telecommunications applications.
- Comprehensive company profiles of major players in the industry.
SCOPE OF THE REPORT
The report forecasts the size of the market in current U.S. dollars for overall components and modules internalizing photonic crystals in value terms for each individual component, as well as in module and volume terms wherever possible, from 2012 through 2017.
The report forecasts the market size for:
- Photonic crystal-enabled components and modules such as LEDs, solar and PV cells, displays, biosensors, image sensors, optical fibers, discrete and integrated optical components, and lasers and supercontinuum sources.
- Forecasts are classified on the basis of end application market, photonic crystal dimension, geographic region and individual country markets.
The Executive Summary provides a snapshot of key findings of the report.
The chapter discussing the theoretical overview of photonic crystals provides an overview of the market size of components and modules internalizing photonic crystals from 2010 through 2017. It also lays down the theoretical ground for better appreciation of the technology and commercial promise of photonic crystals across applications and domains.
The chapter on global markets for photonic crystal components and modules provides a detailed analysis of the present-day state of the art in photonic crystal applications. It also deals with individual components and modules in which photonic crystals are poised to make the most prominent marks. It discusses the market potential in terms of markets, dimensions and geographic regions. It uncovers the basic theory behind the running of these modules, and then emphasizes the advantages ushered by photonic crystals over conventional methods and material.
The chapter on regional analysis for the Americas presents an overview of the region and the overall market metrics, followed by analyses of individual countries such as the U.S., Brazil, Canada and Mexico.
The chapter on regional analysis for Europe, the Middle East and Africa (EMEA) presents an overview of the region and the overall market metrics, followed by analyses of individual countries such as Germany, France, the U.K., Spain, Italy, Russia, the Netherlands and Turkey.
The chapter on regional analysis for Asia-Pacific (APAC) presents an overview of the region and the overall market metrics, followed by analyses of individual countries such as China, Japan, India, South Korea and Indonesia.
The chapter on vendor and stakeholder analysis lists and explains the major stakeholder classes engaged in photonic crystal commercialization. It also analyzes the activities of key players in this domain.
The U.S. Patent Analysis chapter highlights the patenting activity underway in the area of photonic crystals. The chapter classifies the patents awarded according to functional categories such as design innovations; energy applications of photonic crystals; fabrication and synthesis methodologies; integrated circuits and quantum dots; laser applications of photonic crystals; lighting applications of photonic crystals; photonic crystal fiber applications; sensor applications of photonic crystals and telecommunications applications of photonic crystals.
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
Kaustubha Parkhi has worked in a wide range of functional roles with leading telecommunications operators and service providers such as Reliance Infocomm, Ramco Systems and BPL Cellular. He has written on an array of telecommunications and electronics-related subjects based on his critical analysis of the underlying technology and its business impact. Kaustubha holds a Bachelor of Engineering (Equivalent of Bachelor of Science) in Electronics and Telecommunications, as well as an MBA in Systems.
When do I get the report?
Most reports are fulfilled immediately. In some cases, it could take up to 24 hours.
In what format does this report get delivered to me?
We will send you an email with login credentials to access the report. You will also be able to download the pdf.
What are the free reports included in my purchase?
They consist of a collection of current reports from various partner publishers scanning multiple industries.
What is the difference between BCC Research and BCC Publishing?
BCC Research curates thousands of reports from different sources and provides access to this content to our clients. BCC Publishing is the publication arm of BCC Research (one of several publishers in our portal).
What reports do I get 'discounts' on with my purchase?
All reports. BCC Publishing reports will be available for a 50% discount. All other partner publishers are also available at deeply discounted rates.
Where are you located?
Wellesley Massachusetts, just outside of Boston, Massachusetts, USA.
How long has BCC Research been around?
We are approaching our 50 year anniversary in 2021!
What if I want you to invoice me for payment via Purchase Order?
Simply choose Pay by Purchase Order when you are checking out. We will connect with you via email to set up your order.
What if I have a question about your reports?
Call us, email us, or chat with us! We encourage your questions and feedback. We have a research concierge team available at all times, and included in every purchase, to help our customers find the research they need-when they need it.
Can I share this report with my team?
Absolutely yes, with the purchase of additional user licenses.
Can I use your research in my presentation?
Absolutely yes, so long as the publisher is properly cited.