Global Markets for Quantum Cascade Lasers
The global market for quantum cascade lasers reached $5.6 billion in 2015. This market is expected to increase from $6.1 billion in 2016 to $9.7 billion in 2021 at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 9.7% for 2016-2021.
- An overview of the global markets for quantum cascade lasers.
- Analyses of global market trends, with data from 2015 and 2016, and projections of compound annual growth rates (CAGRs) through 2021.
- Breakdown of the market by type, by application, and by geography.
- Information on key application areas, such as healthcare and industrial automation, diagnostics, communication, life sciences, and defense.
- Evaluation of the market dynamics, including its current and future trends, key driving factors, restraints, and opportunities.
- Analyses of the market sizes, revenue forecasts, product trends, and the competitive landscape.
- Profiles of major players and their key developments in the industry.
This report represents an in-depth analysis of the global quantum cascade laser market by technology, application and region. The report discusses the differentiation between quantum cascade lasers to derive specific market estimations. The report presents a comparative study between conventional and emerging lasers and the importance of the advances in quantum cascade lasers. Emerging trends such as the commercialization of photonic biochemical sensors and green photonics are also discussed in the report. The report also discusses the strategies adopted by major players in the global quantum cascade laser market. A patent analysis provides a snapshot of technological trends in the global market over time as well as geographically—namely for the U.S., Europe and Japan. The global quantum cascade laser market is segmented based on type of quantum cascade laser: Fabry-Perot lasers, distributed feedback lasers and external cavity lasers.
Research Analyst Sinha G. Gaurav holds an MBA in finance from ICFAI Business School, Hyderabad (India), and a bachelor's degree in electrical engineering from Rajasthan University (India). His primary focus is in the electronics and semiconductor markets. He has nine years of experience in the field of market research in electronics, finance and database designing. His areas of interest include semiconductors, automation, industrial controls, robotics and nanotechnology. His publications focus on subjects such as quantum dots, photonic sensors and detectors, LIDAR, ultrafast lasers, home automation, helmet-mounted displays (HMDs), factory automation and radio frequency (RF) components, among others.