Wire and Cable Polymers: Global Markets to 2023
Global market volume for wire and cable polymers reached $9.0 billion in 2018 and should reach $11.4 billion by 2023, at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 4.8% for the period of 2018-2023.
- 46 data tables and 12 additional tables
- An overview of the global market for wire and cable polymers within the industry
- Analyses of global market trends, with data from 2017 to 2018, and projections of compound annual growth rates (CAGRs) through 2023
- Insight into the market potential for wire and cable polymers and quantitative and qualitative study of the market by material type, end user industry, application area and geographical region
- Discussion of technological, regulatory, security, and economic trends that are affecting the wire and cable polymers market
- Examination of vendor landscape and analysis of salient trends characterizing the cabling market
- Coverage of various synthetic polymers available in the market and their application in varied industries such as electronics, power, building, communication, automotive and others
- Detailed profiles of the major manufacturers of wire and cable polymers including 3M, BASF SE, Daikin Industries Ltd., DowDuPont Inc., Eastman Chemical Co., ExxonMobil, Lubrizol Corp., Polyone Corp. and Trelleborg Co.
The scope of the report includes an overview of the global market for wire and cable polymers and an analysis of global market trends using data from 2017, which is considered to be the base year, and estimates for 2018 and forecasts for 2023, with projections of CAGR during the forecast period. Market estimates are provided in terms of volume and value. The estimated values presented are total revenues by polymer manufacturers for wire and cable, and the presented volumes refer to market consumption of polymers by wire and cable industries.
The report includes a discussion of the technological, regulatory, security and economic trends that are affecting the market. Further, it explains the major drivers and regional dynamics of the global wire and cable polymers market and current trends within the industry.
The report includes product types such as thermoplastic resins, thermoplastic elastomers, thermoset elastomers and plastic/polymer optic fibers. The product types are further divided into subsegments such as thermoplastic resins (fluoropolymers, polyamide, polypropylene, polyvinylchloride, polyethylene and copolymers, among others), thermoplastic elastomers (styrene block copolymers, thermoplastic polyolefin, thermoplastic polyurethane, thermoplastic vulcanizate and others) and thermoset elastomers (natural rubber and synthetic rubber). It also includes commentary on end-use industries such as electronics, power, building, communications and automotive.
The report concludes with a special focus, offered via detailed profiles, on the key players in the global wire and cable polymers market.
The BCC Research staff comprises expert analysts skilled in conducting primary research, secondary research and data analysis. The analysts have decades of combined experience covering a wide range of industries including healthcare, advanced materials and emerging technologies. Collectively, the team represents a diverse set of educational achievements, with individual graduate work completed in fields such as microbiology, electrical engineering, business administration and surgery.
The total market for polymeric materials used in wire and cable in 2003 was about 1,782 million pounds, and should grow to about 2,089 million pounds in 2008 at an average annual growth rate (AAGR) of about 3.2%.
The largest segment, thermoplastic resin, was 1,482 million pounds in 2003 and is expected to rise at an AAGR of 3.2% to 1,722 million pounds.
Thermosetting elastomers had an estimated market of 230 million pounds in 2003; this should grow at a lower 2.3% AAGR to 280 million in 2008.
The total market for thermoplastic elastomers is growing at an AAGR of 3.5% and is expected to reach 83 million pounds in 2008.
Polymer (or plastic) optical fiber leads growth with an AAGR of 5.9% but currently, only accounts for 15 million pounds.