Semiconductor Chips: Applications and Impact of Shortage
The global semiconductor chips market should reach $553.6 billion by 2026 from $381.0 billion in 2021 at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 7.8% for the forecast period of 2021 to 2026.
- 30 data tables and 19 additional tables
- Insight into the global market for semiconductor chips and their widespread applications
- Analyses of the global market trends, with data from 2019 to 2020, estimates for 2021 and projections of compound annual growth rates (CAGRs) through 2026
- Evaluation and forecast the overall semiconductor chips market size (in USD millions), and corresponding market share analysis by type, application, end-user industry and geographic region
- Highlights of emerging technology trends, opportunities and gaps estimating current and future demand for semiconductor chips, and impact of COVID-19 on the progress of this market
- Identification of the companies best positioned to meet this demand owing to their proprietary technologies, new product launches, M&A deals and other strategic alliances
- Discussion of industry value chain analysis, demand-supply gap and factors driving the shortage of semiconductor chips, effectively used in electronic devices manufacturing and the development of all emerging technologies
- Competitive landscape of the major players operating within global market, and their global rankings and company share analysis
- Profile descriptions of the leading vendor companies, Apple Inc., Broadcom Inc., Intel Corp., Qualcomm Inc., Samsung Group and Texas Instruments Inc.
In this report, the semiconductor chip market has been segmented based on type, end user and geography. The report provides an overview of the global semiconductor chip market and analyzes market trends. Using 2020 as the base year, the report provides estimated market data for the forecast period 2021 through 2026. Revenue forecasts for this period are segmented based on type, end user and geography. Market values have been estimated based on the total revenue of semiconductor chip providers.
The report covers the market for semiconductor chips with regards to their user base across different regions. It also focuses on the major trends and challenges that affect the market and the vendor landscape. The report estimates the global market for marketing analytics in 2020 and provides projections of the expected market size through 2026.
Note: A large part of the report focuses on the global semiconductor chip shortage of 2021. The report analyzes the impact of this shortage across various end users and key countries.
The terms semiconductor chips, computer chip, microchip and integrated circuits are used interchangeably.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
BCC Research Team possesses expertise and experience in life and physical science domains. They specialize in offering valuable business insights, including industry analysis, competitor intelligence, strategic and financial analysis, and opportunity assessment. The team has in-depth knowledge of various sectors, including healthcare, biotechnology, pharmaceuticals, IT, automation, advanced materials, and energy. They are proficient in qualitative and quantitative market intelligence providing clients with actionable insights. With a vast understanding of the competitive landscape, the team can support clients in making data-driven decisions to help them achieve a competitive edge in their respective markets.