2019 Semiconductor Manufacturing Research Review
- The global thermal management technologies market should reach $16.3 billion by 2023 from $12.4 billion in 2018 at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 5.6% for the forecast period 2018 to 2023.
- The global roll-to-roll (R2R) flexible devices manufactured market should reach $41.3 billion by 2023 from $21.2 billion in 2018 at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 14.3% for the forecast period 2018 to 2023.
- The global 5G chipset market should reach $10.9 billion by 2024 from $870 million in 2019 at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 65.7% for the forecast period 2019 to 2024.
In the global technological developments semiconductor manufacturing industry has been considered as one of the largest contributors since long time. It is expected to grow steadily, owing to the contribution from emerging semiconductor industry segments like 5G communication, flexible displays, artificial intelligence (AI), connected cars, driverless cars, data centers and storages, Internet of Things (IoT), among others.
Technically advanced gadgets and devices has become an integral part of people's lifestyle, owing to integration of various semiconductor devices such as sensors, chips, micro-controllers, circuits, displays, cells, among others. It can be observed that semiconductors have influenced every bit and piece of all the computer systems, consumer electronic products and has become core parts of their functionality. With increase in applications of artificial intelligence (AI), IoT, driverless cars, smart homes, computer systems are dependent on efficient sensors and semiconductors chips to carry out their advanced functionalities for better system output.
Semiconductors sales have grown in various industries, especially consumer electronics, automotive, industrial automation, healthcare diagnostics, aerospace and defence. Artificial Intelligence (AI) is one of the fastest growing segments for semiconductor industry, as the global spending for AI was over $35 billion by the end of 2018 and is expected to grow at ~24% over the next five years. For instance, tech giant Google, Inc. has invested around $4 billion acquiring AI startups in 2018. With the continuous technology advancement in new technologies, global semiconductor manufacturing industry is expected to witness significant growth in next few years.
This 2019 Semiconductors Manufacturing Research Review includes excerpts from the following reports:
- SMC024L The Market for Thermal Management Technologies.
- SMC027J Thin-layer Deposition: CVD, Ion Implantation and Epitaxy.
- SMC037H Sputtering Targets and Sputtered Films: Technology and Markets.
- SMC082C Global Markets for Roll-to-Roll Technologies for Flexible Devices.
- SMC087C Global Markets, Technologies and Applications for Flexible Displays.
- SMC107A Solid-state Lighting: Technologies and Global Markets.
- SMC113A Global Market for Semiconductor Batteries.
- SMC114A Semiconductor Devices for High Temperature Applications: Market Opportunities.
- SMC117A Global 5G Chipset Market.
We hope you find this Research Review valuable, and we look forward to serving our customers instrumentation and sensors market research needs.
BCC Research Staff
BCC research staff comprises expert analysts who are skilled in conducting primary research, secondary research and data analysis and have decades of combined experience covering a wide range of industries, including healthcare, advanced materials and emerging technologies. Collectively, the team represents a diverse set of educational achievements with individual graduate work completed in fields such as electronics and semi-conductors, automotive, industrial automation, ICT, petroleum, electrical engineering, business administration, among others.
- The global market for sputtered films and sputtering targets should reach over $3.2 billion by 2021 from nearly $2.9 billion in 2016 at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 2.2%, from 2016 to 2021.
- The global market for microfluidic technologies reached $6.8 billion in 2017 and should reach nearly $13.9 billion by 2022, at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 15.3% for the period of 2017-2022.
- The global transparent displays market should grow from $7.1 billion in 2018 to $89.1 billion by 2023 at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 65.7% for the period of 2018-2023.
- The global market for thermal interface materials will grow from $763.7 million in 2015 to nearly $1.1 billion by 2020 with a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 7.4% for the period of 2015-2020.
- The global market for organic light emitting diodes (OLED) was $2.1 billion and $2.5 billion in 2013 and 2014, respectively. The market is expected to reach nearly $3.1 billion in 2015 and $9.6 billion in 2020, registering a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 25.7% for the period 2015-2020.
- The global wafer-level packaging (WLP) market was valued at $1.3 billion in 2013. This market is expected to grow from $1.6 billion in 2014 to $4.9 billion by 2019, with a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 24.5% from 2014 to 2019.
- The market for thermal management technologies was valued at $6.7 billion in 2011 and reached $7 billion in 2012. Total market value is expected to reach $10.1 billion in 2017 after increasing at a five-year compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 7.6%.
- The market for microfluidics technologies was valued at nearly $5.1 billion in 2011 and $5.6 billion in 2012. Total market value is expected to reach nearly $10.3 billion in 2017 after increasing at a five-year compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 13%.
- The global market for thermal interface materials (TIMs) was worth nearly $426 million in 2011 and $458 million in 2012. The market is expected to grow to $762 million in 2017 at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 10.7% between 2012 and 2017.
This 2012 Semiconductor Manufacturing Review provides:
- An overview of the current market and an impartial analysis of prospects for future growth, with a focus on the raw materials used to produce thin films and nanofilms.
- Forecast of the global market for compound semiconductor–based components in value (dollar sales) and volume (shipment sales) terms.
- Focus on materials used for optical coating and opportunities for optical in the telecommunications, transportation, defense, photography, electronics and medical markets.
- Environmental and regulatory trends for thermal management.