Global 3D Food Printing Market: Focus on Technology (Fused Deposition, Selective Sintering, and Powder Bed Binder Jetting), Vertical (Commercial, Government, and Hospital), and Food Type (Confections, Meat, and Dairy) - Analysis and Forecast 2018-2023
Over the last decade, the global food industry has witnessed a massive transformation, owing to the increasing demand for sustainable food manufacturing systems. Rising global population and high income growth have resulted in increased concerns regarding food security across the globe. Various food processors and technology innovators are developing numerous sustainable food production systems. As compared to the conventional food manufacturing system, 3D printing technology, though at a nascent stage, has the ability to supply food to an ever-increasing global population. With the rapid technological advancements, 3D food printing is expected to present an extensive amount of opportunities to revolutionize the global food industry.
3D printing of food offers a large number of advantages over the traditional food manufacturing systems. Several technological advancements made in the field of 3D food printing has resulted in an increased level of food personalization in terms of flavor, texture, shape, size, and design. Moreover, 3D printed food products have longer shelf life and are easy to transport, thus reducing the overall production cost and increased efficiency. Various high-end restaurants and confectioneries and bakeries are partnering with 3D food printing solution providers to reap the benefits of this technology to augment culinary creativity, nutritional and ingredient customizability, and food sustainability.
The market research study offers a wide perspective of the different types of technologies pertaining to 3D food printing and analyzes its influence on food processing by providing critical insights into the direction of its future expansion. The research is based on extensive primary interviews (in-house experts, industry leaders, and market players), and secondary research (a host of paid and unpaid databases), along with the analytical tools, that have been used to build the forecast and the predictive models. The report is a compilation of various segmentations including market breakdown by technology type, verticals, and food type. Moreover, the report highlights the key driving and restraining forces for this market as well as the market opportunities in different verticals and food types in different regions.
The report answers the following questions about the global 3D food printing market:
- What is the global 3D food printing market size in terms of revenue from 2017 to 2023 along with the growth rate during the forecast period 2018-2023
- What is the dominant type of technology used in 3D food printers
- What is the revenue generated by the different verticals such as commercial, residential, government, and hospitals, for the 3D food printing market
- What is the market size of 3D printing technology for different food types including confections, dough, dairy, fruits and vegetables, meat, and others
- What is the 3D food printing market size for different regions on the basis of various verticals and food type
- What are the key trends and opportunities in the market pertaining to countries included in different geographical regions
- How attractive is the market for different stakeholders present in the industry by analyzing the futuristic scenario of 3D food printing
- What are the major driving forces that tend to increase the demand for 3D food printing during the forecast period
- What are the major challenges inhibiting the growth of the global 3D food printing market
- What kind of new strategies is being adopted by the existing market players to expand their market position in the industry
- What is the competitive strength of the key players in the 3D food printing market by analyzing their recent developments, product offerings, and regional presence
The report further includes a thorough analysis of the impact of the five major forces to understand the overall attractiveness of the industry. The report also focuses on the key developments and investments made in the 3D food printing market by the players, research organizations, and governmental bodies.
Further, the report includes an exhaustive analysis of the regional split into North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific (APAC), and Rest-of-the-World (RoW). Each region details the individual push and pull forces in addition to the key players from that region. 3D Systems Inc., Katjes Magic Candy Factory, The Hershey Company, byFlow, Print2Taste GmbH, Choc Edge, Systems & Materials Research Corporation, TNO, Natural Machines, Biozoon Food Innovations GmbH, NuFood LLC, Crafty Machines Ltd., Barilla S.p.A, and BeeHex are some of the prominent players in the 3D food printing market.
BIS Research is a global B2B market intelligence and advisory firm focusing on those emerging technological trends which are likely to disrupt the dynamics of the market.
With over 150 market research reports published annually, BIS Research focuses on high technology verticals such as 3D Printing, Advanced Materials and Chemicals, Aerospace and Defense, Automotive, Healthcare, Electronics and Semiconductors, Robotics and UAV, and other emerging technologies.
Our in-depth market intelligence reports focus on the market estimations, technology analysis, emerging high-growth applications, deeply segmented granular country-level market data, and other important market parameters useful in the strategic decision-making for senior management.