Industrial Coatings: Technologies, Applications and Global Markets
The global market for industrial coatings will grow from $64.9 billion in 2018 to nearly $82.7 billion by 2023 with a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 5.0% for the period of 2018-2023.
- 80 data tables and 27 additional tables
- An overview of global market, technologies and applications for industrial coatings
- Country specific data and analysis for U.S., Canada, Mexico, Germany, Italy, France, U.K., Spain, Russia, China, India, Japan, South Korea, Australia & New Zealand, Brazil, Argentina, and Saudi Arabia
- Discussion about the main industry drivers and opportunities with detailed focus on the current and future trends
- Detailed description of water-borne coating technology, high solids coating technology and powder coating technology and discussion of their types, advantages and disadvantages
- A look into the environmental concerns and government regulations associated with the industry
- Profiles of key players in the market, including 3M, Akzonobel NV, Hempel A/S, Jotun, Kansai Paint Co. Ltd. and Nippon Paint Co. Ltd.
The scope of the report is an overview of the global market for industrial coatings and analysis of global market trends, with data from 2017 as the base year and estimates for 2018–2023 with projection of CAGR in the forecast duration. The sales values are presented in U.S. dollars, while volumes are presented in kilotons. Estimated values used are based on manufacturer total revenue. Projected and forecasted revenue values are in constant U.S. dollars, unadjusted for inflation.
The report includes a discussion of technological and economic trends that are affecting the market. Further, it explains the major drivers and regional dynamics of the industrial coatings market and current trends within the industry.
This report categorizes the global industrial coatings market based on resin type, technology, application and region. On the basis of resin type, the industrial coatings market is divided into epoxy, polyurethane, acrylic, alkyd, polyester, fluoropolymer and others (includes silicone, ceramic, formaldehyde, rubber, aluminum, silver and vinyl). Based on technology, the industrial coatings market is divided into solvent-borne coatings, waterborne coatings, powder coatings, high-solids coatings, radiation-cured coatings and others (includes vapor permeation of injection cured coatings, uni-coat paint and supercritical carbon dioxide). On the basis of application, the market is divided into vehicle coatings, machinery/equipment coatings, coil coatings, can and container coatings, appliance coatings, agricultural equipment coatings, plastic coatings and others (includes marine coatings, industrial maintenance and protective coatings). On the basis of region, the market is divided into North America, Asia-Pacific, Europe, South America, the Middle East and Africa.
The report concludes with a special focus on the vendor landscape and includes profiles of the major market players operating in the global industrial coatings market.
Led by Research Head Karthik Arun, the BCC Research Staff is comprised of expert analysts skilled in conducting primary research, secondary research and data analysis and who have decades of combined experience covering a wide range of industries, including healthcare, advanced materials and emerging technologies. Collectively, the team represents a diverse set of educational achievements with individual graduate work completed in microbiology, electrical engineering, business administration and surgery, among others.
- An overview of the global market for paints and coatings, with a focus on Industrial Coatings
- Analyses of global market trends, with data from 2011 and 2012, estimates for 2013, and projections of compound annual growth rates (CAGRs) through 2018
- Identifications of new market opportunities and targeted promotional plans for paints and coatings
- Discussion of research and development, and the demand for new products and new applications
- Examination of the role of paints and coatings in providing color and protection
- Comprehensive company profiles of major players in the industry.