Specialty Water Treatment Chemicals: Technologies and Global Markets
The global market for specialty chemicals for water treatment reached $23.7 billion in 2013. This market is expected to grow to nearly $25.3 billion in 2014 and $33.6 billion in 2019 with a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 5.9% over the five-year period from 2014 to 2019.
- An overview of the global market for specialty chemcials used in water treatment
- Analyses of global market trends, with data from 2013, estimates for 2014, and projections of compound annual growth rates (CAGRs) through 2019.
- Elaboration on the influence of government regulations, current technology, and the economic factors that are and will shape the marketplace
- Information on competitor initiatives, and information with regard to demand for specialty chemicals used to develop new products and for new applications
- Comprehensive profiles of leading companies in the industry.
This report is a detailed review of the global industry of specialty chemicals used in water treatment. It examines product categories, key drivers, emerging trends, major players in each of the categories, and market estimates. The report also analyzes the companies and regions that are key players in this market. The report highlights and elaborates on the influence of government regulations, current technology, and economic factors in this marketplace. It also provides the facts, figures, and statistics required to evaluate stable aspects of the market, as well as the current trends and future projections of the industry.
Srinivasa Rajaram is a mechanical engineer with more than 40 years of experience in designing factory layouts and setting up factories. He has established factories for the production of weighing and dynamic balancing machines in India and has experience in the designing, production, and servicing of that equipment. He was Senior Vice President at M/S Schenck Avery Ltd., an Indo-German joint venture, and has set up an automatic paint shop for painting various components of weighing and dynamic balancing equipment.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
The water treatment chemical market was worth more than $2.1 billion in 2001, and should increase at an average annual growth rate (AAGR) of 3.8%.
The market for corrosion inhibitors is growing at a slow rate of less than 1% annually.
However, the biocide market was worth more than $550 million in 2001, and currently is growing at about 7% per year.
Organic polymers work fabulously well. That market is growing at 3.7% per year.