Emerging Markets for Advanced Medical Technologies
Emerging markets for the advanced medical technologies covered in this report was valued at $12.5 billion in 2008 and $13.5 billion in 2009. Growing at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 12.7%, this market is expected to be valued at nearly $24.6 billion by 2014.
Surgical technologies represent the fastest growing market, increasing at a 21.5% compound annual growth rate, from $240 million in 2008 to $636 million in 2014.
Imaging and visualization technologies account for the largest percentage of sales, $5.9 billion (47.5% of the total) in 2008, approaching $9.4 billion (39% of the market) in 2014, a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 8.8%.
- Identifying the medical device technologies and applications with the greatest commercial potential in the emerging markets over the near to mid-term (2008 to 2014).
- Analyzing the factors that will shape the emerging country market for advanced medical devices over the next 5 years.
- Estimating the current and future demand for specific types of medical device, by country.
- Identifying companies that are well-positioned to meet this demand, with an emphasis on companies that manufacture advanced medical equipment in the emerging markets.
- Imaging and visualization
- Patient monitoring
- Surgical devices
- Cardiovascular devices
- Orthopedic implants
- Renal devices
- Other advanced technologies (neurostimulators, implantable drug pumps, etc.).
- The big emerging markets (BEMs): Demographics, economics, health care systems, medical equipment imports, and markets
- Types of advanced medical technologies and their applications
- Detailed market estimates and projections, by type of technology and country for the period 2008 to 2014
- Supplier profiles, with an emphasis on domestic manufacturers in the BEMs with the capability to compete with imports.
- Examine BCC’s complete catalog of Market Research Reports and place direct orders
- Subscribe to BCC’s industry newsletters
- Read announcements of recently published reports and newly launched newsletters
- Register for BCC’s well-known conferences
- Request additional information on any BCC product
- Take advantage of special offers.