Prefilled Syringes: Global Markets to 2023
The global market for prefilled syringes should grow from $4.7 billion in 2018 to $7.3 billion by 2023 at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 9.3% for the period of 2018-2023.
- 24 data tables and 21 additional tables
- Industry analysis of the global markets for prefilled syringes within the healthcare sector
- Analyses of global market trends, with data from 2017 and 2018, and projections of compound annual growth rates (CAGRs) through 2023
- Regional dynamics of the prefilled syringes market covering North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific and other emerging economies
- A look at key resins used to make these syringes, and new products and technologies related to these devices
- Examination of the market dynamics, including growth inhibiting drivers, restraints, and opportunities
- General assessment of key patents approved for prefilled syringes in the U.S., Europe and APAC region
- Profiles of major manufacturers and suppliers of prefilled syringes, including Aptar Pharma, Baxter International Inc., Biocorp, Medtronic and West Pharmaceutical Services, Inc.
This report analyzes the global market trends, future growth and regional markets of prefilled syringes with data from 2017, 2018, and projections of compound annual growth rates through 2023; the forecast period is 2018-2023. The market values for prefilled syringes are given for the years 2017, 2018 and 2023.
In this report, the market is segmented based on material, type, design and therapeutics. Based on materials, the report covers glass-based and polymer-based prefilled syringes. The market breakdown by type includes conventional and safety prefilled syringes. On basis of design, the market is segmented into single-chamber prefilled syringes, dual-chamber and customized prefilled syringes. In the therapeutics segment, the report reviews monoclonal antibodies and vaccines.
The report reviews the main prefilled syringes applications including rheumatoid arthritis, diabetes, anemia, cancer, multiple sclerosis, hormonal diseases and anaphylaxis. It then discusses some end users of prefilled syringes like hospitals, pharmacies and ambulatory surgical centers.
This report provides a comprehensive review of market dynamics such as market drivers, restraints and opportunities, and provides a list of available patents. A holistic study of the market has been carried out by incorporating various factors taken from country-specific demographic conditions and business cycles to market-specific microeconomic influences.
The research uncovers paradigm shifts in the market in terms of regional competitive advantages and the competitive landscape for key players in the prefilled syringes industry. An analysis of key vendors and their new products, developments and financials are provided to enable easy decision making. The list of companies profiled in this report are those involved in the production of prefilled syringes with injectable drugs; in the design, development and production of prefillable drug delivery systems including syringes, glass/polymer barrels, containers, vials, plungers and stoppers; and in filling and packaging services. The market size was obtained by considering the revenues of these companies.
This report also includes a summary of the main industry acquisitions and strategic alliances from 2016 through April 2018, including key alliance trends.
Estimated values are based on manufacturers’ total revenues. Projected and forecasted revenue values are in constant U.S. dollars, unadjusted for inflation.
BCC Publishing Staff comprises expert analysts who are skilled in conducting primary research, secondary research and data analysis and have decades of combined experience covering a wide range of industries, including healthcare, advanced materials and emerging technologies. Collectively, the team represents a diverse set of educational achievements with individual graduate work completed in fields such as microbiology, electrical engineering, business administration and surgery, among others.