Radiotherapy: Technologies and Global Markets
The radiation therapy market totaled $5.4 billion in 2013 and $5.8 billion in 2014. The market is expected to reach $8.1 billion in 2019, a compound annual growth rate(CAGR) of 6.7%.
- An overview of the global market for radiotherapy and related technologies and applications
- Analyses of market trends, with data from 2013 and 2014, and projections of CAGRs through 2019
- Discussion of major factors driving the growth for nuclear medicine including neurological diseases such as Alzheimer's disease, Parkinson's disease, and dementia, and an overall increase in awareness about nuclear medicine
- Detailed information conerning major challenges the market faces including the harmful effects of radiation, the tight required regulation of radioisotopes, and a lack of supply of radioisotopes
- Analysis of the diagnostic applications for radiotherapy such as Single Photon Emission Computed Tomography (SPECT) and Positron Emission Tomography (PET)
- Comprehensive company profiles of major players in the industry.
SCOPE OF REPORT
This research report categorizes the radiation therapy market into three types of radiation therapy, which are External Beam radiation therapy, Internal Radiation therapy/Brachytherapy and Systemic Radiation therapy. External Radiotherapy is future divided into Gamma Knife, LINACS.( 3D-CRT, IMRT,IGRT), Proton Therapy System (Proton-based and Carbon-based). Internal Radiotherapy is divided into three types: Low dose Brachytherapy (Seeds: I-125, Pd-103, Applicators and Afterloaders), High dose brachytherapy (Seeds: Ir-192, Applicators and Afterloaders) and Electronic Brachytherapy. Systemic radiation therapy is bifurcated into two segments: Alpha emitter (Radium (Ra-233) and Beta emitters (Iodine (I-131), Rhenium (Re-186), Samarium (Sm-153), Yttrium-90 (Y-90), Lutetium-177 (LU-177).
Radiation therapy has also been studied based on the various applications into: External radiation therapy applications: Prostate Cancer, Breast Cancer, Lung Cancer, Head & Neck Cancer; Internal Radiation therapy applications: Prostate Cancer, Gynecological Cancer, Breast Cancer, Cervical Cancer; and Systemic Radiation therapy applications: Hyperthyroidism, Bone Metastasis, Lymphoma, Endocrine tumor. Also, the Radiation therapy market by geography: U.S., Europe, Asia, Rest of the World.
Neha Maliwal, a graduate in biotechnology and a postgraduate in marketing and biotechnology at the University of Pune (India), is the author of this study and numerous others, including the analyses of related markets such as antibiotics, radiopharmaceuticals, healthcare business process outsourcing (BPO) and biotechnology instrumentation.