Stents: Technologies and Global Markets
The global market for stents is estimated to increase from $7.8 billion in 2022 to $9.7 billion by 2027, at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 4.3% during the forecast period of 2022 through 2027.
- 33 data tables and 33 additional tables
- An up-to-date review of the global markets for stents and associated medical device technologies
- Analyses of the global market trends, with revenue sales data from 2020-2021, estimates for 2022, and projections of compound annual growth rates (CAGRs) through 2027
- Evaluation and forecast the global stents market size, forecasted growth trends, and corresponding market share analysis by product type, therapeutic application, and geographic region
- Identification of promising new products (stents) and technologies which are still in development and assess the probability of their successful commercialization over the next few years
- In-depth information (facts and figures) concerning market drivers, market deterrents and other demographic and economic factors influencing the progress of global stents marketplace
- Discussion of the regulatory structure for medical stents, pricing and reimbursement structure, marketed and pipeline products, and major developments influencing the medical devices industry
- Insight into recent industry structure, competitive landscape for major types of stents manufacturers, ongoing research activities and their clinical trials
- Key merger and acquisition deals, product approvals/launches, agreements, collaborations, and other strategic alliances within the MedTech industry
- Descriptive company profiles of the leading global players, including Abbott Laboratories, B. Braun Melsungen AG, BD, Biotronik SE, Boston Scientific Corp., Cook Medical LLC, Medtronic plc and Terumo Corp.
This report aims to provide a comprehensive study of the global market for stents, both in terms of quantitative and qualitative data, to help businesses develop growth strategies, assess the market landscape, analyze their positions in the current marketplace, and make informed business decisions regarding stent devices.
An in-depth analysis of the global stents market includes historical data and market projection on sales by product type, application, and region. It describes different types of stents (bare metal, drug-eluting, bioabsorbable, and others) and their current and historical market revenues. This report also categorizes the global stents market based on application (vascular and nonvascular). The vascular stents market is divided into coronary and peripheral vascular. Peripheral vascular stents are segmented into peripheral lower extremity, carotid and intracranial and renal. Peripheral lower extremity is further segmented as iliac and other lower extremities. The nonvascular stent market is divided into ureteral, gastrointestinal (colorectal, esophageal, duodenal), bile duct/pancreatic and tracheobronchial/pulmonary.
For a more in-depth understanding of the market, the report provides profiles of the competitive landscape, key competitors, and their respective market shares. The report also discusses technological trends and new product developments.
The scope of this report does not include endovascular graft/stent grafts indicated for aortic and other types of aneurysm treatment and for use in the treatment of free perforations or ruptures.
BCC Publishing Staff comprises expert analysts who are skilled in conducting primary research, secondary research and data analysis and have decades of combined experience covering a wide range of industries, including healthcare, advanced materials and emerging technologies. Collectively, the team represents a diverse set of educational achievements with individual graduate work completed in fields such as microbiology, electrical engineering, business administration and surgery, among others.
|Base year considered||2021|
|Forecast period considered||2027|
|Base year market size||$7.4 billion|
|Market size forecast||$9.7 billion|
|Growth rate||CAGR of 4.3% for the forecast period of 2022-2027|
|Units considered||$ Millions|
|Segments covered||product, application, and region|
|Regions covered||North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific and Rest of World (RoW)|
|Countries covered||United States, Canada, Germany, France, U.K., Italy, Japan, China, and India|
|Key Market Drivers||
The global stents market was $7.9 billion in 2013 and 8.1 $billion in 2014. This market is expected to grow to about $10.6 billion in 2019, with a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 5.7%.
- An overview of the global market for stent technologies.
- Analyses of global market trends, with data from 2013, 2014, and projections of compound annual growth rates (CAGRs) through 2019.
- Segmentation of the market by products, stents design/material, and applications; the products sector is further segmented by types of devices: vascular and nonvascular; the design/material sector is segmented into four types: bare-metal stents, drug-eluting stents, bioabsorbable stents, and others (plastic).
- Discussion of the role of stents in vascular disease treatment, with an overview of peripheral vascular disease and cardiovascular disease.
- Market dynamics, such as drivers, restraints and challenges, and opportunities
- A cost-benefit analysis.
- Patent analysis.
- Comprehensive company profiles of major players in the industry.