Software as a Service Market: Technologies and Global Markets Through 2022
The global software as a service (SaaS) market for business applications should total $94.9 billion by 2022 from $44.4 billion in 2017 at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 16.4% from 2017 to 2022.
- 36 data tables and 23 additional tables.
- An overview of the global markets for software as a service (SaaS) or cloud-based applications within the information technology industry.
- Analyses of global market trends, with data from 2016 and 2017, and projections of compound annual growth rates (CAGRs) through 2022.
- Identification of market dynamics, and major factors such as drivers, restraints, opportunities, and technological updates influencing the global market.
- Assessments various business applications of SaaS technology in diverse industry segments, or verticals.
- Segmentation of global SaaS markets by region, product type, application area, and end-user industries.
- Comprehensive company profiles of major players within the market, inlcuding Adobe Systems, IBM, Microsoft, SAP SE, and Salesforce.com.
The study includes detailed analysis of key trends and other market information regarding SaaS technology and its various segments. It also emphasizes on providing global market size, compounded annual growth rate (CAGR), and revenue prospects for various segments and subsegments through 2022. However, SaaS technology’s core market segment is composed of key enterprise applications or software, hosted and delivered by third-party vendors, CSPs or MSPs through various cloud deployment modes. However, this report includes only public cloud deployment modes for market study.
Moreover, there are several SaaS vendors who offer IT infrastructure software or applications, for which cloud-based or SaaS subscriptions are also provided. The report does not include the SaaS market for such applications. Some examples of the type of applications include virtualization software, middleware, application integration, content delivery solutions and more.
SaaS market is segmented by business applications type including business intelligence and analytics, Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP), Customer Relationship Management (CRM), Human Capital Management (HCM), Supply Chain Management (SCM), Unified Communication & Collaboration (UC&C), finance and accounting, Enterprise Content Management (ECM), collaboration, and other enterprise applications such as Risk & compliance management, Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) and Enterprise Performance Management (EPM).
The market is also segmented by large enterprises as well as small and medium businesses (SMBs) based on the adoption of SaaS delivery model in different size organizations in various verticals. SaaS market segmented by verticals includes Banking Financial Services and Insurance (BFSI), retail, Telecom Media and Technology (TMT), healthcare, discrete manufacturing, travel and hospitality, utilities (energy and power, oil and gas, water management, etc.) and others, including education. Furthermore, regional analysis includes North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, Middle East & Africa, and Latin America, as geographies.
The report also provides company profiles and competitive analysis of key SaaS vendors holding the maximum share of the market. Some of the companies include Oracle, SAP, IBM, Microsoft Corp., Salesforce.com, Workday, HP, Rackspace and others.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
BCC Research Team possesses expertise and experience in life and physical science domains. They specialize in offering valuable business insights, including industry analysis, competitor intelligence, strategic and financial analysis, and opportunity assessment. The team has in-depth knowledge of various sectors, including healthcare, biotechnology, pharmaceuticals, IT, automation, advanced materials, and energy. They are proficient in qualitative and quantitative market intelligence providing clients with actionable insights. With a vast understanding of the competitive landscape, the team can support clients in making data-driven decisions to help them achieve a competitive edge in their respective markets.
- Mental Health Application: Technologies and Global Markets (HLC293A)
- Global Bioanalytical Testing Services Market (BIO247A)
- Microelectromechanical Systems (MEMS) Technology: Current and Future Markets (SMC051E)
- Global Abrasive Market: Materials, Products, and Applications (AVM033E)
- Hydraulic Pumps and Motors: Global Markets (MFG034C)