Dosimetry: Technologies and Global Markets
The global market for dosimetry technology will grow from nearly $2.4 billion in 2017 to $3.2 billion by 2022 at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 6.6% for the period of 2017-2022.
- 89 data tables and 4 additional tables
- An overview of the global dosimetry market, including dosimeter devices
- Analyses of global market trends, with data from 2016, 2017 and projections of compound annual growth rates (CAGRs) through 2022
- Segmentation of the market by major region, type, technology, and end-user industry
- Analysis of the industry structure, including restraints and opportunities, that will impact the future market
- Evaluation of government regulations along with safety rules and regulations
- Company profiles of major players in the market, including Arrow-Tech Inc., Fuji Electric Co. Ltd., Honeywell Analytics Inc., Landauer, Panasonic Corp., and Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc
Dosimetry is defined as the measurement, calculation and assessment of the ionizing-radiation dose absorbed by the human body. Dosimetry is widely used to protect workers from radiation and is applied at various radiation sites as well as in cases of accidental radiation leakage. A radiation dosimeter is a device used to measure the exposure of the human body to ionizing radiation. At this time, dosimetry is growing in usage and scope. Companies are developing devices that can measure toxic and harmful gases and that are capable of being used as dosimeters. Hence, the current dosimeter market is broad and includes any gas-detection device that is capable of being used as a dosimeter.
Dosimeters are used mainly in the medical industry and at industrial sites where workers may be exposed to toxic and harmful gases. One very important application of dosimeters is in the medical industry in the area of cancer treatments, during which patients are given very specific and targeted amounts of radiation in order to destroy cancer cells.
This report covers the types of dosimetry technologies used for various end-user applications. The report also includes gas-detection and gas-measurement devices that are capable of being used as dosimeters and considers these within the purview of dosimetry. Noise dosimeters, however, are outside the scope of this report. The market is broken down by major types, technologies, regions and applications. Revenue forecasts from 2017 through 2022 are provided for each dosimeter segment, and regional markets are sized, with estimated values derived from manufacturers’ total revenues.
The report will explain how the market for dosimetry technologies has evolved over time and will identify the following:
- Primary forces with a direct impact on the market
- Secondary forces that have an indirect impact
- Funding and financing in this space
- Challenges that may hinder the growth of this market
- Key market trends
- Leading end users of dosimetry technologies
- Demand for these technologies in the Asia-Pacific region, North America, Europe, Middle East and Africa and South America
Ritam Biswas has more than 10 years of experience in the market research and financial research space and has written and consulted on several research and advisory projects in various technology verticals. He has worked as a team leader and lead analyst in several technology businesses and has written numerous reports in areas such as disruptive technology, innovative and new technologies, advanced end-user computing, cloud security, virtualization security, mobile security and deep packet inspection.