Software as a Medical Device: Global Market Outlook
This report provides a comprehensive analysis of the global market for software as a medical device. It presents the current and historical market revenue data estimation based on the product type, and by region. The report examines new and emerging trends and their impact on current and future market dynamics.
- A brief general outlook of the global market for software as a medical device (SaMD)
- Analyses of the global market trends, with historic revenue data for 2019-2021, estimates for 2022, and projections of compound annual growth rates (CAGRs) through 2027
- Understanding of the upcoming market opportunities for SaMD products market and digital health solutions, and areas of focus to forecast the market into various segments and sub-segments
- Estimation of the actual market size and revenue forecast for software as a medical device market, and corresponding market share analysis by product type and region
- Review of the impact of COVID-19 pandemic on the medical devices market
- Market share analysis of leading medical device manufacturers, their research priorities, technology advancements, and market development strategies
- Company profiles of the leading industry players, including Abbott Laboratories, Arterys, DexCom Inc. and Hyperfine Inc.
In this report, the market has been segmented based on product type and geography. The report provides an overview of the software as a medical device market and analyzes market trends. Using 2021 as the base year, the report provides estimated market data for the forecast period, 2022-2027. Revenue forecasts for this period are segmented based on product type and geography. Market values have been estimated based on the total revenue of SaMD manufacturers and key vendors.
The report covers the market for software as a medical device across different regions and countries. It also highlights major trends, opportunities, restraints that affect the market of SaMD. The report estimates the global market for SaMD in 2021 and provides projections for the expected market size through 2027.
The scope of the study includes software as a medical devices and operating platforms such as desktops/laptops, smartphones/tablets, and wearable devices.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
What is the projected market size and growth rate of the Software as a Medical Devices (saMD) Market?
BCC Research Team possesses expertise and experience in life and physical science domains. They specialize in offering valuable business insights, including industry analysis, competitor intelligence, strategic and financial analysis, and opportunity assessment. The team has in-depth knowledge of various sectors, including healthcare, biotechnology, pharmaceuticals, IT, automation, advanced materials, and energy. They are proficient in qualitative and quantitative market intelligence providing clients with actionable insights. With a vast understanding of the competitive landscape, the team can support clients in making data-driven decisions to help them achieve a competitive edge in their respective markets.
|Base year considered||2021|
|Forecast period considered||2022-2027|
|Base year market size||$4.4 billion|
|Market size forecast||$8.2 billion|
|Growth rate||CAGR of 11.0% from 2022 to 2027|
|Units considered||$ Millions|
|Segments covered||Product Type, Region|
|Regions covered||North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and Rest of the World (RoW)|
|Key Market Drivers||
|Companies studied||ABBOTT LABORATORIES , ARTERYS , DEXCOM INC. , FUJIFILM HOLDINGS CORP. , GENERAL ELECTRIC CO. , HYPERFINE, INC. , ICAD INC. , KONINKLIJKE PHILIPS N.V. , MEDTRONIC PLC , MITAC INTERNATIONAL CORP. , OMEGA MEDICAL IMAGING LLC , SIEMENS HEALTHINEERS|