2018 Membrane and Separation Technology Research Review
- The global market for sensors for trace contaminant detection in water is expected to increase from $1.6 billion in 2017 to $2.2 billion in 2022 at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 7.1% for 2017-2022.
- The global sump and submersible pump market should reach $3.3 billion by 2023 from $2.4 billion in 2018 at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 6.6% for the period 2018-2023.
- The global market for water heaters and water pumps should grow from nearly $17.6 billion in 2018 to $18.3 billion by 2023 with a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 0.8% for the period of 2018-2023.
Technological advancements are enabling new opportunities in the membranes market. Recent research on membrane proteins showed a better way for drug development and testing. At University of Arkansas, scientists analyzed a membrane protein that can separate drugs from cell, allowing contribution to drug resistance. Membrane fouling has always been a challenge. Researches are showing advancements here too to overcome the fouling problem. At New Jersey Institute of Technology (NJIT), scientists developed a reactive membrane system that has ability to degrade emerging pollutant and reduce fouling.
This membrane and separation technologies review provides a sampling of the type of quantitative market information, analysis and guidance that has been aiding business decision making since BCC Research was founded in 1971. It includes highlights of reports published in 2018 and early 2019 on the following membrane and separation markets:
- MST063A Sensors for Trace Contaminant Detection in Water: Technologies and Global Markets.
- MST064A Sump and Submersible Pumps: Global Markets to 2023.
- MST065A Water Heaters and Water Pumps: Global Markets.
- MST043G Medical Membrane Devices: Markets and Technologies.
- MST047E Membrane Bioreactors: Global Markets.
BCC Research Staff
BCC Research Staff comprises expert analysts who are skilled in conducting primary research, secondary research and data analysis and have decades of combined experience covering a wide range of industries including healthcare, advanced materials and emerging technologies. Collectively, the team represents a diverse set of educational achievements with individual graduate work completed in fields such as microbiology, electrical engineering, business administration and surgery, among others.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
The global market for barrier materials that impart controlled-release properties are valued at nearly $600 million in 2010. BCC projects this market will approach $1 billion by 2015, increasing at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 10.5% for all products worldwide during the 2010 to 2015 forecast period.
The global market for microfiltration membrane products used in liquid separations is estimated at $1.2 billion in 2010. It will rise at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 8% during the next 5 years to reach $1.8 billion in 2015, much more rapidly than predicted world GDP growth in most regions, but not as rapidly as the world market for other membrane types, such as reverse osmosis (RO).
The combined U.S. market for membranes used in liquid and gas separating applications is estimated at approximately $1.7 billion in 2010, and is forecast to grow at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 6.9% during the 5-year forecast period from 2010 to 2015 to reach $2.3 billion.