Antipsychotic Drugs: Technologies and Global Markets
- The total worldwide market for antipsychotic drugs is expected to reach $19.6 billion in 2010. With continued market penetration into new diseases and price increases for currently marketed antipsychotics, this market is expected to grow to a high of $20.8 billion in 2011 and then hit a low of $14.4 billion in 2013, before resuming growth again to $14.8 billion in worldwide sales for 2014. This represents a total compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of -4.6%.
- Most atypical antipsychotics will lose patent exclusivity through the study period, resulting in a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of -3.7%. This market will be worth an estimated $18.5 billion by the end of 2010, but decrease to $14.5 billion in 2014.
- Antipsychotic drug sales are expected to remain strong in long-acting injectable (depot) formulations. Long-acting injectables are forecast to record a 16.6% compound annual growth rate (CAGR) during this time period, increasing from $1.5 billion in 2009 to $3.2 billion in 2014.
STUDY GOALS AND OBJECTIVES
- Examine BCC’s complete catalog of Market Research Reports and place direct orders
- Subscribe to any of BCC’s many industry newsletters
- Read announcements of recently published reports and newly launched newsletters
- Register for BCC’s well-known conferences
- Request additional information on any BCC product
- Take advantage of special offers