The global market for antipsychotic drugs should grow from $13.2 billion in 2018 to reach $14.5 billion by 2023 at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 1.9% for the period of 2018-2023.
- 22 data tables and 36 additional tables
- An overview of the global market for antipsychotic drugs
- Analyses of global market trends, with data from 2017, estimates for 2018 and projections of CAGRs through 2023
- Country specific data and analysis for United States, Canada, Mexico, UK, France, Germany, Italy, Spain, China, India and Japan
- Definition, history and types of antipsychotic drugs
- An understanding on receptor target of antipsychotic drugs, including dopamine, serotonin, glutamate, tachykinin and glucocorticoid
- Coverage of various psychotic diseases and their indication including schizophrenia, bipolar disorder, major depressive disorder (MDD), anxiety, autism and dementia
- Comprehensive company profiles of key players in the market, including Alexza Pharmaceuticals, Dr. Reddy's Laboratories, Ltd., Eli Lilly and Co., Johnson & Johnson, Teva Pharmaceutical Industries, Ltd., and Zydus Pharmaceuticals (USA), Inc.
This report provides a detailed description of the market for antipsychotic drugs. The report highlights the current and future market potential of antipsychotic drugs and provides a detailed analysis of the competitive environment, regulatory scenario, technological advancements, patent analysis, pipeline analysis, drivers, restraints, opportunities and trends in the market. The report also covers market projections through 2023, as well as market shares for key market players. The report segments the market for antipsychotic drugs based on mechanism of action, disease indication and geography. Based on mechanism of action, the market is segmented into D2 antagonists, D2/5HT2A antagonists and D2 partial agonists. The market size includes both branded and generic drugs. Based on disease indication, the market is segmented into schizophrenia, bipolar disorder, major depressive disorder (MDD), and other diseases including anxiety, autism and dementia. By geography, the market has been segmented into the North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, South America, and Middle East and Africa regions. The North America region includes the U.S., Canada and Mexico. Europe includes Germany, the U.K., France, Italy, Spain and the rest of Europe. Asia-Pacific includes China, India, Japan and the rest of Asia-Pacific. For market estimates, data has been provided for 2017 as the base year, with forecasts for 2018 through 2023.
BCC Publishing Staff comprises expert analysts who are skilled in conducting primary research, secondary research and data analysis and have decades of combined experience covering a wide range of industries, including healthcare, advanced materials and emerging technologies. Collectively, the team represents a diverse set of educational achievements with individual graduate work completed in fields such as microbiology, electrical engineering, business administration and surgery, among others.
- The total worldwide market for antipsychotic drugs is expected to reach $19.6 billion in 2010. With continued market penetration into new diseases and price increases for currently marketed antipsychotics, this market is expected to grow to a high of $20.8 billion in 2011 and then hit a low of $14.4 billion in 2013, before resuming growth again to $14.8 billion in worldwide sales for 2014. This represents a total compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of -4.6%.
- Most atypical antipsychotics will lose patent exclusivity through the study period, resulting in a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of -3.7%. This market will be worth an estimated $18.5 billion by the end of 2010, but decrease to $14.5 billion in 2014.
- Antipsychotic drug sales are expected to remain strong in long-acting injectable (depot) formulations. Long-acting injectables are forecast to record a 16.6% compound annual growth rate (CAGR) during this time period, increasing from $1.5 billion in 2009 to $3.2 billion in 2014.
When do I get the report?
Most reports are fulfilled immediately. In some cases, it could take up to 24 hours.
In what format does this report get delivered to me?
We will send you an email with login credentials to access the report. You will also be able to download the pdf.
What are the free reports included in my purchase?
They consist of a collection of current reports from various partner publishers scanning multiple industries.
What is the difference between BCC Research and BCC Publishing?
BCC Research curates thousands of reports from different sources and provides access to this content to our clients. BCC Publishing is the publication arm of BCC Research (one of several publishers in our portal).
What reports do I get 'discounts' on with my purchase?
All reports. BCC Publishing reports will be available for a 50% discount. All other partner publishers are also available at deeply discounted rates.
Where are you located?
Wellesley Massachusetts, just outside of Boston, Massachusetts, USA.
How long has BCC Research been around?
We are approaching our 50 year anniversary in 2021!
What if I want you to invoice me for payment via Purchase Order?
Simply choose Pay by Purchase Order when you are checking out. We will connect with you via email to set up your order.
What if I have a question about your reports?
Call us, email us, or chat with us! We encourage your questions and feedback. We have a research concierge team available at all times, and included in every purchase, to help our customers find the research they need-when they need it.
Can I share this report with my team?
Absolutely yes, with the purchase of additional user licenses.
Can I use your research in my presentation?
Absolutely yes, so long as the publisher is properly cited.