Cancer Vaccines: Technologies and Global Markets
The global market for cancer vaccines was about $4.5 billion in 2013. This market reached about $4.0 billion in 2014 and is expected to reach $4.3 billion in 2019, registering a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 1.3% for the period 2014-2019.
- An overview of the global markets and technologies for cancer vaccines.
- Analyses of global market trends, with data from 2012 and 2013, estimates for 2014, and projections of CAGRs through 2019.
- Coverage of the cancer vaccines arena including diverse therapeutic platform technologies, immune-stimulating agents and approved vaccines for cancer.
- Examination of the governmental and regulatory environment and how its effecting the market.
- Information on new developments including products in Phase I-IV clinical trials, as well as new technologies.
- Analysis of the market's dynamics, specifically growth and restriction factors, acquisitions and collaborations, and a look at the cancer vaccine market's current achievements and future challenges.
- Relevant patent analysis, presented by year and by vaccine type.
SCOPE OF THE STUDY
The scope of this study entails the current the market for cancer vaccines, which includes therapeutic cancer vaccines and preventive cancer vaccines. Human papillomavirus (HPV) vaccines and hepatitis B vaccines are also included; however, while such vaccines only indirectly act against cancer, they do aid in reducing the global cancer burden. The report also includes regulatory aspects, current and developing technologies, the demographics of cancer incidence, innovation and challenges, patent analyses, market projections and market share, along with latest trends and clinical trials.
Sales data for the global and regional markets were corroborated for the present and forecasted values via statistical analysis. Product information and the technologies/platforms discussed in the report are based on their present and prospective application and practicality. The report presents sales analyses broken down geographically for the United States, Europe and the emerging markets. The emerging markets include countries such as India, China, Japan, Korea, Taiwan, Canada, Africa, Australia and New Zealand. The application of cancer vaccines in various types of cancer is discussed from both commercial perspective and that of a research and development (R&D) perspective.
Shalini Shahani Dewan focuses on pharmaceuticals and biotechnology and has been a BCC Research contributor since 2002 as both an analyst and project manager. She has explored a wide range of topics and companies, including working for Johnson & Johnson doing market surveillance. She has an undergraduate degree in pharmacy and master's degree in medicinal chemistry. She resides in the Bay Area.
- Global Markets for CT Scanners (HLC024B)
- Technologies for Long-term Care and Home Healthcare: Global Markets (HLC079D)
- Renal Dialysis Equipment: Technologies and Global Markets (HLC164B)
- Fluoroscopy and C-arms: Technologies and Global Markets (HLC148B)
- Global Markets for Contract Pharmaceutical Manufacturing, Research and Packaging (PHM043G)