Composites in Automotive Applications: Global Markets to 2026
The global market volume of automotive composite consumption is estimated to increase from 3.4 billion pounds in 2021 to 4.6 billion pounds by 2026, at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 6.1% during the forecast period of 2021-2026.
- 64 data tables and 18 additional tables
- An up-to-date overview of the global markets for composites in automotive applications
- Analyses of the global market trends, with data from 2020 and 2021, and projections of compound annual growth rates (CAGRs) through 2026
- Estimation and forecast the global automotive composite consumption market size in value and volumetric terms, projected growth trends, and corresponding market share analysis by type, application, end-user, and geographic region
- Identification of the key market dynamics (DROs), technology updates, and COVID-19 implications on the progress of this market
- Coverage of general description, material types and importance of reinforced polymer composites and comparative study between thermoset vs. thermoplastic composites
- Discussion on role of composites in reducing automotive energy consumption and emissions, and how automotive sector contributes to the greenhouse gases and other emissions
- Insights into regulatory framework and general idea about fuel economy standards, fuel taxes, and safety standards of the automotive industry
- Market share analysis of the key companies of the industry and coverage of events like mergers & acquisitions, joint ventures, collaborations or partnerships, and other key market strategies
- Company profiles of major market players, including Albany International, DSM Engineering Plastics North America, Evonik Industries, Honeywell International, Johns Manville, Mitsubishi Chemical Corp., SGL Carbon Group, Solvay and Toray Industries, Inc.
The report analyzes the current and projected market for the major types of plastic composites used in automotive applications, with particular emphasis on carbon fiber composites. This report covers technological, economic, and business conditions as they relate to automotive composites and their applications. Estimated values used are based on manufacturers’ total revenues. Projected and forecasted revenue values are in constant US dollars, unadjusted for inflation.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
BCC Research Team possesses expertise and experience in life and physical science domains. They specialize in offering valuable business insights, including industry analysis, competitor intelligence, strategic and financial analysis, and opportunity assessment. The team has in-depth knowledge of various sectors, including healthcare, biotechnology, pharmaceuticals, IT, automation, advanced materials, and energy. They are proficient in qualitative and quantitative market intelligence providing clients with actionable insights. With a vast understanding of the competitive landscape, the team can support clients in making data-driven decisions to help them achieve a competitive edge in their respective markets.
|Base year considered||2020|
|Forecast period considered||2021-2026|
|Base year market size||3.3 billion pounds|
|Market size forecast||4.5 billion pounds|
|Growth rate||CAGR of 6.1% from 2021 to 2026|
|Units considered||Million Pounds|
|Segments covered||Type, End Use, Application|
|Regions covered||North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific|
|Countries covered||U.S., Germany, Spain, Japan, China|
|Key Market Drivers||
|Companies studied||E.I. DUPONT DE NEMOURS & CO., INC. , EVONIK INDUSTRIES AG , ADVANCED CARBON TECHNOLOGIES INC. , ADVANCED COMPOSITES INC. , ALBANY ENGINEERED COMPOSITES , AOC ALIANCYS , ASBURY CARBONS , THE COMPOSITES GROUP , COOK COMPOSITES AND POLYMERS (CPP) , CORE MOLDING TECHNOLOGIES INC. , DSM ENGINEERING PLASTICS NORTH AMERICA , FERRO CORP. , FRONTIER CARBON CORP. , GENERAL MOTORS CORP. , GLASFORMS, INC. , GRUPO ANTOLIN INGENIERIA S.A , GURIT SERVICES AG , HANWHA AZDEL SPECIALTIES , HAYSITE REINFORCED PLASTICS , HEXCEL CORP. , HEXION INC. , HONEYWELL INTERNATIONAL, INC. , HYPERION CATALYSIS INTL., INC. , IDI COMPOSITES INTERNATIONAL , INMAT LLC , INTERPLASTIC CORP. , JOHNS MANVILLE , MERIDIAN LIGHTWEIGHT TECHNOLOGIES , MITSUBISHI CHEMICAL CORP. , MORGAN ADVANCED MATERIALS AND TECHNOLOGY , NIPPON GRAPHITE FIBER CORP. , NOBLE POLYMERS , PLASAN CARBON COMPOSITES , REICHHOLD CHEMICAL , ROYAL TENCATE CORPORATE EMEA , RTP CO. , SABIC INNOVATIVE PLASTICS LLC , SAERTEX GMBH & CO. , SCOTT BADER CO., LTD. , SGL CARBON GROUP , SOLVAY S.A. , SPENCER COMPOSITES CORP. , TEIJIN LTD. , TORAY INDUSTRIES, INC. , UBE INDUSTRIES LTD. , UNITIKA LTD. , ZYVEX TECHNOLOGIES INC.|
The global market, in volume terms, for automotive composite consumption should reach 7.3 billion pounds by 2022 growing from 3.8 billion pounds in 2017, at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 13.8% during 2017-2022.
- 32 data tables and 14 additional tables
- An overview of the global markets for composites in automotive applications
- Analyses of U.S. as well as international market trends with data from 2016 and 2017, and projections of CAGRs through 2022
- Coverage of reinforced plastics using mostly carbon fibers for strength with a wide array of resins
- A look at exterior steel structures, such as body panels, roofs, exterior doors, wheels, fenders, and other exterior parts
- Analyses of the interest in replacing steel with composite resins; the need to reduce the weight of autos to meet the 2025 strict government standard of about 55 mpg
- Thermoplastics to be used, including ABS, nylon, polyacetals, polypropylene, PVC, polycarbonates, and polyacrylates, among others, as well as polyurethanes
- Evaluation of the market’s dynamics, specifically growth drivers, restraints, and opportunities
- Company profiles of major players in the market, including Albany Engineered Composites, DSM Engineering Plastics North America, Evonik Degussa GmbH, Mitsubishi Chemical Corp., and Toray Industries Inc.
The global market for composites in automotive applications is forecast to increase from 3.1 billion pounds in 2014 to 3.2 billion pounds in 2015. This market is estimated to reach close to 4.0 billion pounds in 2020 increasing at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 3.6% during the next five years, from 2015-2020.
- An overview of the global markets for composites in automotive applications.
- Analyses of U.S. as well as international market trends, with data from 2014, 2015, and projections of CAGRs through 2020.
- Coverage of reinforced plastics using mostly carbon fibers for strength with a wide array of resins.
- A look at exterior steel structures such as body panels, roofs, exterior doors, wheels, fenders and other exterior parts.
- Analyses of the interest in replacing steel with composite resins; the need to reduce the weight of autos to meet the 2025 strict government standard of about 55 miles per gallon.
- Thermoplastics to be used including ABS, nylon, polyacetals, polypropylene, PVC, polycarbonates, and polyacrylates among others, as well as polyurethanes which are also expected to be used.
- Evaluation of the market's dynamics, specifically growth drivers, restraints, and opportunities.
- Profiles of major players in the industry.