Flip-Chip Technologies and Global Markets
The global market for Flip Chip Technology by wafer bumping process reached $18.9 billion in 2012. This market is expected to grow to $20.1 billion in 2013 and $36.5 billion in 2018, a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 12.7% over the five-year period from 2013 to 2018.
- An overview of the global market for flip-chip technologies, a process to interconnect IC’s and other microelectronics devices (MEMS) to the external circuitry by means of a solder bumping process deposit on pads.
- Analyses of global market trends, with data from 2012, estimates for 2013, and projections of compound annual growth rates (CAGRs) for the period, 2013 to 2018.
- Discussion of the evolution, architecture, and value chain of flip-chip technologies.
- Examination of market dynamics, including drivers, restraints, and opportunities.
- Analysis of the flip-chip assembly market by geography, including North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and others.
- Coverage of the competitive landscape, including mergers and acquisitions, collaborations and agreements, and new product development.
- Comprehensive company profiles of major players.
The market for flip chip technology is segmented into following categories:
- Wafer bumping process:
- Copper (Cu) pillar.
- Lead (Pb)-free solder.
- Tin-lead (Sn-Pb) eutectic solder.
- Gold stud + plated solder.
- Application area:
- 2D logic system-on-a-chip (SoC)
- Imaging, high-brightness light-emitting diode (HB-LED) small logic
- RF, power, analog and mixed signal ICs.
- µ-bumping for 2.5D/3D system-in-package/system-on-a-chip (SiP/SoC).
- End use:
- Desktop CPUs.
- GPUs and chipsets.
- Other computing devices.
- Medical devices.
- Smart technologies.
- High-performance/industrial applications.
- Geographical regions:
- North America (the U.S., Canada and Mexico)
- Europe (Italy, France, Germany, U.K. and other countries).
- Asia-Pacific (China, Japan, Taiwan, South Korea, India and other countries).
- ROW (Middle East and Africa).
This report also provides a competitive analysis of the industry, a patent analysis and a chapter including company profiles.
Sinha G. Gaurav focuses on electronics and semiconductors markets, robotics and nanotechnology. His publications range from factory automation and big data to industrial controls and helmet-mounted displays. He holds a bachelor's degree in electrical engineering from Rajasthan University and an MBA degree in finance from ICFAI Business School.
- Global 5G Chipset Market (SMC117A)
- Semiconductor Devices for High Temperature Applications: Market Opportunities (SMC114A)
- Wood Coatings: Technologies and Application Markets (AVM182A)
- Hyperspectral Imaging: Technologies and Global Markets to 2023 (IAS135A)
- Bioremediation: Global Markets and Technologies to 2023 (ENV044A)