Europe Waste to Energy Market: Focus on Technology (Thermo Chemical, Bio Chemical), Application (Heat, Electricity, Combined Heat and Power, Fuel), and Waste Type (Municipal Waste, Medical Waste, Agricultural Waste) - Analysis and Forecast, 2018-2023
Despite the massive expansion of the global waste to energy industry from the year 2010 to 2018, hundreds of tons of waste ends up in the unsanitary landfills. For every ton of waste landfilled, there is an increase of 1.3 tons in greenhouse gas emissions in the form of carbon dioxide. To avoid wastage of the natural resources and the reduction in the landfill emissions, the waste should be treated in a more sustainable way with the help of waste to energy technology to generate energy from the waste.
Decreasing number of sanitary waste disposal landfills coupled with the increasing volume of waste is supporting the growth of using waste to energy technology at an increasing rate across the globe. Advanced waste to energy technologies, such as pyrolysis, and anaerobic digestion are expected to register strong growth in the waste to energy industry.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Increasing utilization of renewable energy for power generation mix continues to have a positive impact on the Europe waste to energy market. Waste to energy is the process of generating energy in the form of electricity/heat with the treatment of the waste generated with several technologies such as thermo chemical and bio chemical. Today, the waste to energy sector has evolved to generate electricity with the help of various technologies from different categories of waste such as municipal, agricultural and medical waste ,among others.
The waste to energy market research study offers a wide perspective on where the industry is heading toward. The research is based on extensive primary interviews (in-house experts, industry leaders, and market players) and secondary research (a host of paid and unpaid databases), along with the analytical tools that have been used to build the forecast and the predictive models.
The report answers the following questions about the Europe waste to energy market:
- What is the Europe waste to energy market size in terms of revenue from 2017-2023, and what will be with the growth rate during the forecast period 2018-2023
- What are the major technologies used in the Europe waste to energy market to convert waste generated into energy in terms of revenue generation and future growth
- What are the major types of applications in the Europe waste to energy market in terms of revenue generation and future growth
- What are the major waste types in the Europe waste to energy market in terms of revenue generation and future growth
- What is the waste volume generated by the key countries in Europe in the year 2012 and the expected volume to be generated by the year 2023
- What are the key trends and opportunities in the market pertaining to countries included in the Europe region
- How attractive is the market for different stakeholders present in the industry based on the analysis of the futuristic scenario of Europe waste to energy
- What are the major driving forces that are expected to increase the demand for Europe waste to energy market during the forecast period
- What are the major challenges inhibiting the growth of the Europe waste to energy market
- What kind of new strategies are adopted by the existing market players to expand their market position in the industry
- What is the competitive strength of the key players in the Europe waste to energy market based on the analysis their recent developments, product offerings, and regional presence
The report further includes a thorough analysis of the impact of the Porter’s five major forces to understand the overall attractiveness of the industry. The report also focuses on the key developments and investments made in the Europe waste to energy market by the players, research organizations, and governmental bodies.
Further, the report includes an exhaustive analysis of the country split into China, Japan India, South Korea and others. Each country details the individual push and pull forces in addition to the key players from that region. Some of the prominent players in the Europe waste to energy market are The Babcock & Wilcox Company, Ramboll Group, Suez Environment S.A, Waste Management Inc., C&G Environmental Protection Holdings Ltd., Veolia Environment and Foster Wheeler AG.
BIS Research is a global B2B market intelligence and advisory firm focusing on those emerging technological trends which are likely to disrupt the dynamics of the market.
With over 150 market research reports published annually, BIS Research focuses on high technology verticals such as 3D Printing, Advanced Materials and Chemicals, Aerospace and Defense, Automotive, Healthcare, Electronics and Semiconductors, Robotics and UAV, and other emerging technologies.
Our in-depth market intelligence reports focus on the market estimations, technology analysis, emerging high-growth applications, deeply segmented granular country-level market data, and other important market parameters useful in the strategic decision-making for senior management.