Polyurethane-Based Foams in Automotive Market - A Global and Regional Analysis: Focus on Type, Applications, End-User, and Country Analysis - Analysis and Forecast, 2021-2031
Global Polyurethane-Based Foams in Automotive Market to Reach $19,798.3 Million by 2031
Market Report Coverage - Polyurethane-Based Foams in Automotive
- Application - Seating, Bumper Systems, Headliners, Door Panels, and Others
- End-User - Light Commercial Vehicles, Heavy Commercial Vehicles, Passenger Cars, and Electric Vehicles
- Type - Flexible Foam and Rigid Foam
- North America - U.S., Canada, and Mexico
- South America - Brazil, Argentina, and Rest-of-South America
- Europe - Germany, France, Italy, Spain, and Rest-of-Europe
- Asia-Pacific and Japan - Japan, South Korea, India, and Rest-of-Asia-Pacific
- Middle East and Africa - Iran, South Africa, U.A.E., and Rest-of-Middle East and Africa
Market Growth Drivers
- Need for Lightweight Materials in Mobility Industry
- Durability and Longevity Under Severe Conditions
- Innovation in Recycling of Polyurethane Foams
- Availability of Alternate Substitutes
- Environmental Concern Pertaining to the Usage of Polyurethane Foams
- Reduce Dependency on Raw Material Using Chemical Recycling
- Incorporating Biomass in Production of Polyurethane
Key Companies Profiled
Huntsman International LLC, Dow, Rogers Corporation, Recticel NV/SA, Foam Supplies, Inc., Huebach Corporation, Caligen Europe B.V., Vita (Holdings) Limited, Bridgestone Corporation, M/s Sheela Foam Ltd., Saint-Gobain, Greiner AG, Interplasp, UFP Technologies, Inc., Covestro AG
How This Report Can Add Value
This report will help with the following objectives:
- A dedicated section focusing on the futuristic trends adopted by the key players operating in the global polyurethane-based foams in automotive market
- Extensive competitive benchmarking of top 15 players (including producers and component providers) offering a holistic view of the global polyurethane-based foams landscape
- Qualitative and quantitative analysis of polyurethane-based foams in automotive industry at country level granularity based on region, application, end-user, and type segments
- In June 2021, Dow announced a mass-balance approach to the production of new polyurethane solutions based on a circular feedstock sourced from a waste product of the mobility sector.
- In February 2019, Bridgestone Corporation developed soft polyurethane foam for thinner, lighter car seats. This strategy helped the company to expand its polyurethane foam product portfolio.
- In August 2019, Huntsman International LLC launched ACOUSTIFLEX S NBR polyurethane foam system. This system is a lightweight absorber (LWA), semi-rigid foam, designed for acoustic applications in engine and trunk compartments.
Key Questions Answered in the Report
- What are the major factors and trends impacting the polyurethane-based foams in automotive market, and how has COVID-19 affected the market?
- What are the steps taken by the existing players to improve their market positioning, and is there any substitute used in the end-use industry for polyurethane-based foam?
- Which are the leading types and applications in the market, and how are they expected to perform in the coming years?
- What are the latest developments across the globe with respect to research and development, and what would be the trending technology used in the polyurethane-based foams in automotive market?
- What are the consumption patterns of polyurethane-based foam across different regions and countries? Moreover, is there any government regulation across the globe impacting the polyurethane-based foams in automotive market?
Polyurethane-Based Foams in Automotive Market
Polyurethane-based foams have been developing significantly since the 1950s, and much can be attributed to the technological advancements in this field. The ecosystem of the polyurethane-based foams in automotive market comprises automotive seating manufacturers, automotive panel manufacturers, OEM manufacturers, and end users.
Some major features of polyurethane-based foam make its adoption preferable in the automotive industry, such as light in weight, durable, versatile, recycled, and excellent sound absorbing and vibration dampening qualities.
Polyurethane-Based Foams in Automotive Market Overview
The global polyurethane-based foams in automotive market was valued at $10,710.0 million in 2020 and is expected to reach $19,798.3 million by 2031, growing at a CAGR of 5.77% between 2021 and 2031.
Polyurethane-Based Foams in Automotive Market by Application
Among different polyurethane-based foam applications in automotive, the seating segment dominates the market and is expected to be the largest application during the forecast period (2021-2031). The growing use of polyurethane-based foams in the seating application segment due to their processing qualities, which allow them to be molded into complex shapes and forms, is fueling the growth of the given application segment.
Polyurethane-Based Foams in Automotive Market by End User
Passenger cars is the leading sector, and the benefits of polyurethanes are used to their full extent in this sector. The High-resilience foam seating, rigid foam insulation panels, B-pillars, headliners, suspension insulators, bumpers, and other interior sections of passenger cars are among the most common uses of polyurethane in the automobile industry.
Polyurethane-Based Foams in Automotive Market by Type
Among different polyurethane-based foams, flexible foams are dominating the automotive market and are expected to hold the largest market share during the forecast period (2021-2031). Aside from its well-known usage for seating applications, it ensures a comfortable driving experience even during extended and vigorous driving.
Polyurethane-Based Foams in Automotive Market by Region
The demand for polyurethane-based foams varies according to various regions. The polyurethane-based foams in automotive market holds a prominent share in various countries of North America, South America, Europe, U.K., China, Asia-Pacific, and the Middle East and Africa, among which Asia-Pacific is expected to account for the highest share of the global polyurethane-based foams in automotive market, owing to a significant number of automotive manufacturers such as Toyota Motor Corporation, Honda Motors, Hyundai, Kia, Nissan, and others. Furthermore, changing consumer preferences, an increasing focus on driver safety, environmental concerns, and severe government laws focused on accident prevention to improve driver safety is expected to fuel the growth of the overall market in the given region.
Key Market Players and Competition Synopsis
The companies that are profiled in the report have been selected based on a selective pool of players, primarily Tier-1 (holding 50-60% of the market) and mid-segment players (comprising 30-40% share), and small and emerging companies (holding the balance 10-20% share), based on various factors such as product portfolios, annual revenues, market penetrations, research, and development initiatives, along with a domestic and international presence in the polyurethane-based foams in automotive market.
Some of the key players operating in the market, include Huntsman International LLC, Dow, Rogers Corporation, Recticel NV/SA, Foam Supplies, Inc., Huebach Corporation, Caligen Europe B.V., Vita (Holdings) Limited, Bridgestone Corporation, M/s Sheela Foam Ltd., Saint-Gobain, Greiner AG, Interplasp, UFP Technologies, Inc., and Covestro AG
BIS Research is a global B2B market intelligence and advisory firm focusing on those emerging technological trends which are likely to disrupt the dynamics of the market.
With over 150 market research reports published annually, BIS Research focuses on high technology verticals such as 3D Printing, Advanced Materials and Chemicals, Aerospace and Defense, Automotive, Healthcare, Electronics and Semiconductors, Robotics and UAV, and other emerging technologies.
Our in-depth market intelligence reports focus on the market estimations, technology analysis, emerging high-growth applications, deeply segmented granular country-level market data, and other important market parameters useful in the strategic decision-making for senior management.