Space-Based Broadband Internet Market - A Global and Regional Analysis: Focus on Application, End User, Frequency, Component, Orbit, and Country - Analysis and Forecast, 2021-2031
Global Space-Based Broadband Internet Market to Reach by $52.33 Billion by 2031
Market Report Coverage - Space-Based Broadband Internet
- Application: Agriculture, Maritime, Aviation, Enterprise, Data and Telecommunication, Logistics and Transportation, and Others
- End-User: Defense and Government, Commercial, and Individual Users
- Frequency: Ku, Ka, and K Band (13 GHz – 40 GHz), C and X Band (4 GHz – 12 GHz), and L and S Band (1 GHz – 4 GHz)
- Component: Satellite, Gateways, and Antenna Dish and Modem
- Orbit: Low Earth Orbit, Medium Earth Orbit, and Geostationary Earth Orbit
- North America: U.S. and Canada
- Europe: U.K., Germany, France, and Rest-of-Europe
- Asia-Pacific: China, Japan, India, and Rest-of-Asia-Pacific
- Rest-of-the-World: Latin America and Middle East and Africa
Market Growth Drivers
- Increase in Demand for Worldwide Broadband Internet Access for Information, Entertainment, and Commerce
- Technological Advancements Toward Developing Next-Generation Communication Satellite Constellations
- High Initial Investment Cost of Equipment Needed to Provide Services to End Users
- Opportunities Toward Building a Hyper-Connected World with Reliable Connectivity
Key Companies Profiled
Airbus S.A.S., Amazon, BridgeComm, Inc., Eutelsat Communications SA, Gilat Satellite Networks, Hughes Network Systems, LLC, Intelsat, L3Harris Technologies, Inc., OneWeb, SES S.A., ST Engineering iDirect, Inc., Starlink, Swarm Technologies, Inc., Telesat, Viasat, Inc
How This Report Can Add Value
Product and Innovation Strategy: The product segment helps the reader in understanding the different types of frequencies used by the companies to deliver broadband internet utilizing space-based platforms and the components required to deliver and receive the signals to the end users for numerous applications. Moreover, the study provides the reader a detailed understanding of space-based broadband internet solutions with respect to orbits (LEO, MEO, and GEO), application (agriculture, maritime, aviation, enterprise, data and telecommunication, logistics and transportation, and others) for the end users (defense and government end user, commercial end user, individual users). Additionally, comprehensive coverage of various key certifications of the companies has also been added to the study.
Key Questions Answered in the Report
- What are the key strategies implemented by the players to sustain in this emerging market?
- Which region is expected to be leading the global space-based broadband internet market by 2031?
- What are the futuristic trends in this market, and how is the market expected to change over the forecast period 2021-2031?
- What are the key drivers, challenges, and opportunities faced by the companies working in the global space-based broadband internet market?
- What are the major government initiatives that are increasing the demand for satellite internet connectivity?
- What is the current and future revenue scenario of this market?
- Which are the segments and applications that are expected to dominate the market share during the forecast period?
Global Space-Based Broadband Internet Market
Space-based broadband internet is the internet service provided utilizing communication satellites. The latest consumer-grade satellite internet service is provided to individual users through low Earth orbit (LEO), medium Earth orbit (MEO), and geostationary Earth orbit (GEO) that offer relatively higher speeds with the help of new satellites using Ku and Ka bands. Moreover, satellite internet constellations are being developed and launched to the LEO to enable low-latency connections from space.
Global Space-Based Broadband Internet Industry Overview
The space-based broadband internet technology is gaining huge traction from governments and commercial consumers due to the increase in demand for round-the-clock connectivity solutions for various applications. Though the current telecommunications technology has developed several tools and systems to deliver the services, they often get the backlash against their lack of serviceability for remote locations and unstable connections due to harsh weather conditions.
The global space-based broadband internet market is estimated to reach $52.33 billion in 2031, at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 20.64% during the forecast period 2021-2031. The major driving factors for the huge revenues generated by the companies are the increase in demand for worldwide broadband internet access for information, entertainment, and commerce, and technological advancements toward developing next-generation communication satellite constellations.
Global Space-Based Broadband Internet Market by Application
The aviation industry is estimated to dominate the global space-based broadband internet market due to the high penetration rate in various countries that use broadband internet services solutions for smooth operations and in-flight connectivity services.
Global Space-Based Broadband Internet Market by End User
The commercial end users segment is expected to be the front runner in the global space-based broadband internet market mainly due to the wide range of product offerings that are being used for maritime, aviation, enterprise, and agriculture, among others.
Global Space-Based Broadband Internet Market by Region
North America is expected to account for the highest share of the global space-based broadband internet to market, owing to a significant number of companies operating in the region. The companies based in North America often supply international customers based in Europe, Asia-Pacific, Latin America, and the Middle East and Africa.
Key Market Players and Competition Synopsis
Airbus S.A.S., Amazon, BridgeComm, Inc., Eutelsat Communications SA, Gilat Satellite Networks, Hughes Network Systems, LLC, Intelsat, L3Harris Technologies, Inc., OneWeb, SES S.A., ST Engineering iDirect, Inc., Starlink, Swarm Technologies, Inc., Telesat, Viasat, Inc.
The companies that are profiled in the report have been selected post undergoing in-depth interviews with industrial experts and understanding of the details around companies such as product/service offerings, key developments, market penetration rate, annual revenues, research and development initiatives, and domestic and international presence in the space-based broadband internet industry.
BIS Research is a global B2B market intelligence and advisory firm focusing on those emerging technological trends which are likely to disrupt the dynamics of the market.
With over 150 market research reports published annually, BIS Research focuses on high technology verticals such as 3D Printing, Advanced Materials and Chemicals, Aerospace and Defense, Automotive, Healthcare, Electronics and Semiconductors, Robotics and UAV, and other emerging technologies.
Our in-depth market intelligence reports focus on the market estimations, technology analysis, emerging high-growth applications, deeply segmented granular country-level market data, and other important market parameters useful in the strategic decision-making for senior management.