Genome Editing: Technologies and Global Markets
The global genome editing market should reach $12.8 billion by 2027 from $4.3 billion in 2022 at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 24.7% for the forecast period of 2022 to 2027.
- 35 tables
- An up-to-date review of the global market for genome editing technologies and applications
- Analyses of the global market trends, with historic market revenue (sales data) for 2020 and 2021, estimates for 2022, and projections of compound annual growth rates (CAGRs) through 2027
- Evaluation and forecast the market size for genome editing industry, and corresponding market share analysis by technology, application, end user and geographic region
- In-depth information (facts and figures) concerning market drivers, market deterrents and other macroeconomic forces influencing the progress of this genome editing market
- A look at the recent technical breakthrough on the use of clustered regularly interspaced short palindromic repeats (CRISPR)-Cas9, and how it has fuelled the rapid growth of the genome editing industry
- Identification of companies best positioned to meet this demand owing to their proprietary technologies, mergers and acquisitions, joint ventures and other strategic alliances
- Emphasis on the recent breakthrough innovations, key technological issues, market regulations, and current status on the intellectual property rights of the CRISPR-Cas9 genome editing technology
- Review of patent trends and research publications for innovations within the global genome editing industry
- Insight into recent industry structure, current competitive scenario, R&D activities, growth strategies and COVID-19 implications on the genome editing market
- Descriptive company profiles of the leading global players, including Arbor Biotechnologies Inc., Bio-Rad Laboratories Inc., CRISPR Therapeutics, Intellia Therapeutics, Mammoth Biosciences and Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.
This study is focused on the market side of genome editing and provides a comprehensive review of genome-editing technologies, along with updates on the latest related progress in the field. Different market segments for this specific market are covered. For example, application-based market segments include drug development, plant breeding, diagnostics, clinical therapy and other applications; and regional market segments include the U.S., Europe, Asia-Pacific and the Rest of the World.
Specifically centered on the market itself and its environment, this report covers almost all aspects of the global genome-editing industry, including its technologies, applications and markets, which are further segmented and analyzed by region, application, end user and technology. The report forecasts the sizes and trends of the global market as well as each of its segments. It details recent technical breakthroughs as well as major technical issues to overcome before genome editing is applied to clinical applications. The growth-driving factors and the factors that may limit the market’s growth are identified. The ethical issues, regulatory issues and intellectual property rights issues are discussed. The trends of patent publications and research publications in the genome-editing area are analyzed. The competitive landscape, including various growth strategies and opportunities, is discussed. Comprehensive company profiles of the major players in the current genome-editing field are also included in this report. The report also includes impact of the COVID-19 pandemic on this market. For market estimates, data has been provided for the 2020 as the historic year, 2021 as the base year, and forecast for 2027.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
BCC Research Team possesses expertise and experience in life and physical science domains. They specialize in offering valuable business insights, including industry analysis, competitor intelligence, strategic and financial analysis, and opportunity assessment. The team has in-depth knowledge of various sectors, including healthcare, biotechnology, pharmaceuticals, IT, automation, advanced materials, and energy. They are proficient in qualitative and quantitative market intelligence providing clients with actionable insights. With a vast understanding of the competitive landscape, the team can support clients in making data-driven decisions to help them achieve a competitive edge in their respective markets.
|Base year considered||2021|
|Forecast period considered||2022-2027|
|Base year market size||$3.9 billion|
|Market size forecast||$12.8 billion|
|Growth rate||CAGR of 24.7% for the forecast period of 2022-2027|
|Units considered||$ Millions|
|Segments covered||region, application, end user and technology|
|Regions covered||U.S., Europe, Asia-Pacific and the Rest of the World|
|Key Market Drivers||
The global market for genome editing should grow from $1.4 billion in 2018 to $4.4 billion by 2023, with a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 25.7% for the period of 2018-2023.
- 44 tables
- A comprehensive overview of the global markets and technologies for genome editing within the industry
- Analyses of global market trends, with data from 2017, 2018, and projections compound annual growth rates (CAGRs) through 2023
- Segmentation of the global market by geographical regions, product types, technology types and end-user application areas
- Emphasis on the market size and segmentation of gene editing products, including gene editing tools, cell lines, animal models and potential clinical products
- Current status on the intellectual property right of the CRISPR-Cas9 genome editing technology
- Discussion of the ethical and regulatory issues, as well as patent analysis, publication analysis and research funding in this area
- Profiles of key players in the industry, including Horizon Discovery, Thermo Fisher Scientific, CRISPR Therapeutics, Caribou Biosciences Inc., Editas Medicine and Vertex
The global market for genome editing totaled $206.0 million in 2014 and $395.0 million in 2015. The market should total over $2.0 billion by 2020, growing at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 38.9% from 2015 to 2020.
- An overview of the global markets and technologies for genome editing, a promising new approach that can overcome the shortcomings from site-directed mutagenesis and recombination based methods using relatively simple concepts.
- Analyses of global market trends, with data from 2014, 2015, and projections of compound annual growth rates (CAGRs) through 2020.
- A focus on the market size and segmentation of gene editing products, including gene editing tools, cell lines, animal models and potential clinical products.
- Breakdowns of the market by region, industry, application, product and type, technology, and end-user.
- A look at the recent technical breakthrough on the use of CRISPR/Cas9 and how it has fueled the rapid growth of the genome editing industry.
- A look at other growth driving factors including: the need of precision medicine for accurate genome editing technology; the increased R&D expenditure in related industrial sectors (e.g. biopharma, agriculture, and energy); increased funding for genomics research and its technological advancements; increasing demand for synthetic genes in synthetic biology; Concerns that genetically modified crops can be reduced by applying gene editing technologies to non-trangenic plant breeding.
- Exploration of emerging ethical issues.
- A relevant patent analysis.
- Profiles of key players in the industry.