Elastomers: Applications and Global Markets
The global elastomer market totaled nearly 31.4 million metric tons in 2013 and 32.5 million metric tons in 2014. The market is expected to grow to nearly 39 million metric tons by 2019, with a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 3.7% from 2014 to 2019.
- An overview of the global markets, applications, and related technologies for elastomers.
- Analyses of global market trends, with data from 2013 and 2014, and projections of compound annual growth rates (CAGRs) through 2019.
- Information on applications for elastomers including building/construction, automotive, appliances, electronics, and medical.
- Coverage of important elastomer manufacturing technologies.
- Evaluation of price and performance trends.
- A look at the market's key dynamics including growth drivers, inhibitors, and restraints.
- Information on leading companies in the elastomer industry.
The report forecasts the size of the global market in current U.S. dollars for elastomers in value terms and/or volume terms for each material from 2013 through 2019. The forecasts are classified on the basis of product type, technology type, end application and geographical region.
An elastomer is an elastic polymer that usually has high viscosity and weak inter-molecular forces. It can be thermoplastic or thermoset. This report covers both types.
Jason Chen has been an analyst and consultant for the polymer, composite, fiber, textile and energy industries for 15 years. He works as a researcher, writer and/or editor for the American Composites Manufacturers Association (ACMA), China Textile Academy (CTA), China Chemical Fiber Association (CCFA), International Fiber Journal, Filtration News, Platts Emission Daily, Vision Systems Design, Pesticide and Toxic Chemical News and MobileTex. Currently he is the chief scientist of a company endeavoring to reduce China's air and water pollution. He has a degree in Civil Engineering, Chemicals and Advanced Materials from Shantou University.