Soy-Based Adhesives: Trends and Global Markets
This study covers quantitative and qualitative insights of soy-based adhesives for global, regional and application markets.
The objective of this report is to provide business planners, investors and other professionals with quantifiable market measurements and analyses that can help them formulate strategic business plans and make key investment decisions.
- An overview of the global soy-based adhesives market
- Regional analysis of the soy-based adhesives and their application markets (both value and volumetric data) covering major geographical regions of North America, Europe, APAC and Rest of the World
- Discussion of technological, regulatory, security and economic trends that affect the market
- Identification of segments with high growth potential and information on prospects of each segment with increasing newer applications
- Detailed profiles of the major vendors in the global soy-based adhesives market, including Cargill, Franklin Adhesives and Polymers, Iowa State University, Oregon State University and Solenis
A soy-based adhesive is a type of adhesive formulated using soy flour and a proprietary crosslinking resin, which are blended together. The product is a water-based system. The resin reacts with the protein in the soy flour forming a durable, water-resistant thermoset adhesive that is comparable in strength and performance with petroleum-based adhesives. Pressure-sensitive adhesives are used only on specific substrates for specific functions. The product is particularly designed for certain conditions and environments. The product works under extreme pressure conditions; as a result, the product is called a pressure-sensitive adhesive. Soy-based adhesives are non-reactive adhesives and perform only when the pressure is applied. The soy-based adhesive forms a bond under pressure; no solvent, water or heat is required to activate the adhesive. The product is used in pressure-sensitive tapes, labels, glue dots, note pads, automobile trim and a wide variety of other products. With developments across industries, growing applications and the need for advanced technologies, there have been developments and advancements in the adhesive space. With new government regulations across the globe to protect animal and human life, the demand for bio-based and environmentally friendly adhesives has increased. Along with rising demand for renewable products, there has been a demand for a new class of advanced adhesive products. A new class of renewable pressure-sensitive adhesive can be designed and developed from soybean oil.This report presents an overview of the global market for the soy-based adhesives. Analyses of global market trends use data from 2017 (considered the base year), 2018 and forecasts for 2023 with projections of CAGR for the forecast period.
The report discusses technological, regulatory, security and economic trends that affect the market. Further, it analyzes the major drivers and regional dynamics of the global soy-based adhesive market and current trends within the industry.
BCC Publishing Staff comprises expert analysts who are skilled in conducting primary research, secondary research and data analysis and have decades of combined experience covering a wide range of industries, including healthcare, advanced materials and emerging technologies. Collectively, the team represents a diverse set of educational achievements with individual graduate work completed in fields such as microbiology, electrical engineering, business administration and surgery, among others.
- Biodegradable Polymers: Global Markets and Technologies (PLS025J)
- Predictive Analytics: Global Markets (IFT249A)
- Electroceuticals: Technologies and Global Markets (MDS001B)
- In Vitro Diagnostics (IVD) Quality Controls: Global Market (BIO233A)
- Additive Manufacturing in Powder Metallurgy: Global Markets (AVM231A)