Global Markets for Vehicle Lightweighting Technologies
The global vehicle lightweighting technologies market should reach $250.9 billion by 2024 from $132.8 billion in 2019 at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 13.6% for the forecast period of 2019 to 2024.
- 59 data tables and 20 additional tables
- An overview of global markets for vehicle lightweighting technologies
- Analyses of global market trends, with data from 2018, estimates for 2019, and projections of compound annual growth rates (CAGRs) through 2024
- Country specific data and analysis for United States, Canada, Germany, France, Italy, UK, Japan, China, India and South Korea
- Coverage of history, characteristics, types, technologies and applications and recent advancements within the industry
- Relevant patent analysis
- Comprehensive company profiles of key players in the market, including 3M CO., BASF CORP., DuPont, General Motors, Honda Motor Co., Ltd., Tata Steel and Toyota Motor Corp.
Scope of Report
This study reviews key vehicle lightweighting technology categories, along with relevant market and production information, technological descriptions and issues, and key applications and market factors in major worldwide markets. The report organizes lightweighting technologies into the following segments, with detailed market data presented for each of the categories:
- Engine lightweighting.
- Engine auxiliary lightweighting.
- Transmission lightweighting.
- Drive shaft and differential lightweighting.
- Body and frame lightweighting.
- Interior lightweighting.
- Fuel and exhaust system lightweighting.
The following vehicle lightweighting materials categories are also considered within the global market for vehicle lightweighting technologies:
- High strength steel.
- Advanced polymers.
- Natural and other materials.
Robert Eckard, PhD, has 15 years of experience working in the advanced transportation, cleantech, clean transportation, advanced fuels, water, and energy sectors. Having completed his dissertation at the University of California at Davis, Robert also runs a specialty industry research and technical consulting company, with an emphasis on energy, water, and transportation/cleantech sectors, including those relevant to the automotive and lightweighting industry; these further include vehicle lightweighting applications. Robert specializes in commercialization, data-based economic analysis, market development and penetration, environmental analysis, and technical energy, environmental, and market studies for Fortune 500, Global 1000, and promising startups, as well as for state and local governments, other consultants, and industry organizations throughout the U.S., Canada, Europe, the Middle East, Southeast Asia, and Australia. He has also worked as a subcontractor under the U.S. Department of Energy and has provided evaluations of a wide array of industrial and maritime industry technologies and systems, as well as of related supply markets. He has helped to successfully develop new markets in the U.S. and abroad, identify target niches, and support highly successful business strategy development. Previously, he has produced reports for BCC Research on the global markets for a variety of energy, industrial, energy efficiency, water, durable goods, and related categories and technologies. Robert works directly in the industries that he analyzes, and he has successfully secured over $200 million in fund development for specific projects and technologies in the last five years.