Global Markets for Insulin Drug and Delivery Technologies
The global market for insulin drug and delivery technologies is estimated to increase from $55.8 billion in 2022 to reach $88.9 billion by 2027, at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 9.8% from 2022 through 2027.
- 24 data tables and 31 additional tables
- An up-to-date review of the global markets for insulin drug and delivery technologies
- Analyses of the global market trends, with historic market revenue (sales data) for 2020 and 2021, estimates for 2022, and projections of compound annual growth rates (CAGRs) through 2027
- Highlights of the current state of the insulin drug and delivery industry structure, novel technological updates and issues surrounding insulin pens and insulin syringes, ongoing research activities, and regulatory and pricing scenarios
- Estimation of the actual market size and market forecast for insulin drug and delivery technologies, and corresponding market share analysis by device type, insulin type, and geographic region
- Updated information on the key merger and acquisition deals, partnerships, collaborations and other strategic alliances within the insulin drug and delivery technologies industry
- Analysis of market opportunities with a holistic review of the Porter’s Five Forces analysis model considering both the micro and macro environmental factors prevailing in the market
- Identification of the major stakeholders and analysis of the competitive landscape based on recent developments and segmental revenues
- Descriptive company profiles of key manufacturers of modern insulin and insulin delivery devices, including Sanofi, Eli Lilly, Novo Nordisk, Medtronic, F. Hoffmann-La Roche (Roche) Ltd., Becton Dickinson (BD), Ypsomed AG and B. Braun Melsungen AG
The current report will provide an in-depth look at the insulin drug and delivery technologies market. This report analyzes the market trends of insulin drug and delivery technologies with data from 2021, estimates from 2022, projections of compound annual growth rates through 2027 (forecast period 2022-2027), and regional markets of the insulin drug and delivery technologies. This report will highlight the current and future market potential of insulin drug and delivery technologies along with a detailed analysis of the competitive environment. Regulatory scenarios, drivers, restraints and opportunities will be covered in the current report. The report also covers market projections for 2026 and market share for key market players.
In this report, the market has been segmented based on device type, insulin type and geographic region. Device types include syringes, insulin pens, insulin pumps, smart pens and others. Insulin types include long-acting, rapid-acting, premixed insulins, intermediate-acting and short-acting.
Geographic regions covered include North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific and the rest of the world (RoW). Individual countries covered include the U.S., Germany, the U.K., Italy, France, Japan, China and India.
BCC Publishing Staff comprises expert analysts who are skilled in conducting primary research, secondary research and data analysis and have decades of combined experience covering a wide range of industries, including healthcare, advanced materials and emerging technologies. Collectively, the team represents a diverse set of educational achievements with individual graduate work completed in fields such as microbiology, electrical engineering, business administration and surgery, among others.
|Base year considered||2021|
|Forecast period considered||2022-2027|
|Base year market size||$51.6 billion|
|Market size forecast||$88.9 billion|
|Growth rate||CAGR of 9.8% from 2022 to 2027|
|Units considered||$ Millions|
|Segments covered||Device Type, Insulin Type|
|Regions covered||North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, Rest of the World (RoW)|
|Countries covered||U.S., Canada, Germany, France, U.K., Italy, Spain, Rest of Europe, China, India, Japan, South Korea, Rest of Asia-Pacific|
|Key Market Drivers||
The global market for insulin drug and delivery devices totaled $24 billion in 2012. The overall insulin drug and device market is projected to be worth $25.7 billion by 2013 and $40.2 billion by 2018, a five-year compound annual growth rate (CAGR) for of 9.3% from 2013 to 2018.
This report provides:
- An overview of global insulin drugs and delivery in pharmaceutical and biotechnology markets with classification and usage in diabetes types.
- Analyses of global market trends, with data from 2011 and 2012, estimates for 2013 and 2018 and projections of compound annual growth rates (CAGRs) through 2018.
- Discussion of the market segmented by insulin syringes and vials, and insulin pens and insulin pumps.
- Evaluation of emerging technologies in the insulin drug and delivery field that have potential in the diabetes market, with improved glucose control, along with improved and well-accepted newer delivery methods.
- Patent identifications for insulin as a drug, along with its delivery methods.