Nebulizers, Inhalers and Respirators for Asthma Treatment: Global Markets
The global market for nebulizers, inhalers and respirators has reached nearly $11.2 billion and $12.4 billion in 2013 and 2014, respectively. This market is expected to grow at compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 8.9% to reach $19.0 billion in 2019.
- An overview of the global markets for nebulizers, inhalers, and respirators used for Asthma treatment.
- Analyses of global market trends, with data from 2013 and 2014, and projections of CAGRs through 2019.
- Analysis of the market based on market share, product types, and geography.
- Information on suppliers of asthmatic equipment and related devices.
- Discussion on important manufacturers, technologies, and factors influencing demand.
- Information pertaining to the industry's dynamics including market drivers, restraints, and opportunities.
SCOPE OF THE STUDY
The report is a comprehensive business tool designed to provide an in-depth look at equipment related to asthma. The report is global in geographical scope, with special emphasis on individual regions. The report describes the industry, its relationship to the healthcare sector, its participants and trends for the future. Categories discussed in the report include:
Factors discussed in the report include:
- Air pollution and its causes and effects.
- Other factors related to asthmatic conditions.
The report includes detailed discussion on topics that include description and identification of current products on the market, measuring market size, identification of market drivers and market forecasts from 2014 to 2019. Competitors and their market shares are assessed. At the country level, the market is broken down into segments, with 2013 as the base year and projections to 2019 indicated in data tables. Year-to-year differences are considered statistically insignificant. The market evaluated in the study pertains to existing devices used to treat asthma that are developed and approved for human clinical use. Market size takes into account nebulizers, inhalers and respirators. Options and upgrades and refurbished and remarketed equipment have not been accounted for in the quantitative estimates and forecasts provided in the study. Ancillary products and services related to the relief of asthmatic conditions are discussed. Metrics at the country level are used to examine market dynamics and their impact on revenues and growth. Interviews were used to confirm and/or adjust market size and market share estimates as well as formulating market projections.
Smruti Munshi is a research analyst who has specialized in medical technologies for the last five years. She focuses on monitoring and analyzing emerging trends and technologies, competitive benchmarking and market dynamics within the medical devices industry. Smruti has worked on several projects spanning the Europe, Middle East and Africa markets, ranging from market insights and industry reviews to comprehensive marketing and technology-oriented custom consulting. She has an M.S. in biomedical engineering and a B.S. in instrumentation and control engineering.