2018 Manufacturing Research Review
- The global market for cranes will grow from nearly $29.4 billion in 2017 to $35.9 billion by 2022 with a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 4.1% for the period of 2017-2022.
- The global market for meat processing equipment should grow from $10.7 billion in 2017 to $15.3 billion by 2022 with a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 7.4% for the period of 2017-2022.
- The global market for industrial boilers should increase from $13.0 billion in 2018 to $18.2 billion in 2023 at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 6.9% for 2018-2023.
Over the past few years, the manufacturing industry continued to remain a critical force in both advanced and developing economies. The sector has gone through significant transformations bringing out new opportunities and challenges to business leaders and policy makers.
In advanced economies, the manufacturing sector has largely concentrated on promoting innovation, productivity and trade more than growth and employment. In many advanced economies manufacturing sector has to consume more services and rely heavily on them to operate. The focus on innovation has led companies to explore new opportunities.
In recent years, manufacturers have adopted emerging technologies such as machine learning, internet of things (IoT), augmented reality, virtual reality and others which have provided them with numerous opportunities and transformed their operations and increased efficiencies. Manufacturers have been aggressively pursuing this digital transformation to compete and gain a foothold in the marketplace.
This 2018 Manufacturing Research Review provides a sampling of the type of quantitative market information, analysis and guidance that has been aiding business decision making since BCC Research was founded in 1971. It includes highlights of reports published in 2018 on the following manufacturing markets:
- MFG032C Cranes: Technologies and Global Markets.
- MFG043A Smart Robotics in Manufacturing: Global Markets to 2022.
- MFG042A Industry 4.0 Technologies: Global Market Through 2023.
- MFG033C Industrial Boilers: Technologies and Developing Markets.
- MFG065A Meat and Poultry Processing Equipment: Global Markets Through 2022.
- CON003ANorth American E-cigarette and Legal Cannabis Markets.
BCC Research Staff
BCC Research Staff comprises expert analysts who are skilled in conducting primary research, secondary research and data analysis and have decades of combined experience covering a wide range of industries including healthcare, advanced materials and emerging technologies. Collectively, the team represents a diverse set of educational achievements with individual graduate work completed in fields such as microbiology, electrical engineering, business administration and surgery, among others.