Photonic Sensors and Detectors: Technologies and Global Markets
The global market for photonic sensors and detectors is estimated to increase from $36.6 billion in 2022 to reach $60.5 billion by 2027, at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 10.6% from 2022 through 2027.
- 54 data tables and 25 additional tables
- Detailed overview and an up-to-date analysis of the global markets for the photonic sensors and detectors within the industry
- Analyses of the global market trends, with historic market revenue data for 2021, estimates for 2022, forecasts for 2023 and 2025, and projections of compound annual growth rates (CAGRs) through 2027
- Estimation of the actual market size and revenue forecast for the photonic sensors and detectors market in USD million values, and their corresponding market share analysis by type, application, and region
- In-depth information (facts and figures) concerning the major factors influencing the progress of the market (benefits, and industry-specific challenges) with respect to specific growth trends, upcoming technologies, prospects, and contributions to the overall market
- Review of the patents issued on photonic sensors and detectors as well as the technological trends and new developments in the global market over a brief period
- Identification of the leading industry players and analysis of the company competitive landscape based on their recent developments, solution offerings, financial performance, patent portfolios, and segmental revenues
- Detailed company profiles of the top photonic sensors and detectors providers, including Analog Devices Inc., Coherent Inc., Infineon Technologies AG, MKS Instruments Inc., Hamamatsu Photonics K.K., and Omron Corp.
The scope of the report includes an overview of the global photonic sensors and detectors market as well as the analysis of global market trends, with data from 2020 and 2021, the latter considered the base year, as well as estimates for 2022 through 2027, with projections of CAGR in the forecast period. Revenue forecasts for this period are segmented based on photonic sensor type, photonic detector type, application, and geography.
The report also includes a discussion of technological, regulatory and competitive elements as well as economic trends affecting the market. It also explains the major drivers and regional dynamics of the global photonics and sensors market and current trends within the industry. The report concludes with detailed profiles of the major vendors in the global market.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
- Need for better safety and security.
- Increasing investment in fiber optic communications.
- Adoption of newer technologies as alternatives to outdated solutions.
- Growth in wireless sensing technology.
- By Component.
- By Type (Photonic Sensors).
- By Type (Photonic Detectors).
- By Application.
BCC Research Team possesses expertise and experience in life and physical science domains. They specialize in offering valuable business insights, including industry analysis, competitor intelligence, strategic and financial analysis, and opportunity assessment. The team has in-depth knowledge of various sectors, including healthcare, biotechnology, pharmaceuticals, IT, automation, advanced materials, and energy. They are proficient in qualitative and quantitative market intelligence providing clients with actionable insights. With a vast understanding of the competitive landscape, the team can support clients in making data-driven decisions to help them achieve a competitive edge in their respective markets.
|Base year considered||2021|
|Forecast period considered||2022-2027|
|Base year market size||$33.5 billion|
|Market size forecast||$60.5 billion|
|Growth rate||CAGR of 10.6% during the forecast period of 2022-2027|
|Units considered||$ Millions|
|Segments covered||By Component, Type of Photonic Sensors, Type of Photonic Detectors, Application, and Region|
|Regions covered||North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and Rest of the World (Latin America, and Middle East and Africa)|
|Key Market Drivers||
The global market for photonic sensors and detectors reached nearly $8.1 billion in 2015. This market is expected to increase from nearly $9.3 billion in 2016 to $19.2 billion in 2021 at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 15.7% for 2016-2021.
- An overview of the global market for photonic sensors and detectors.
- Analyses of market trends, with data from 2015, 2016, and projections of CAGRs through 2021.
- Discussion concerning photonic sensor and detector technology, application, geography, major manufacturers, and factors influencing their demand.
- Information about the properties of photonics including the generation, transmission, emission, modulation, switching, signal processing, and amplification of light.
- Details about different types of sensors including fiber optic sensors, distributed sensors, point sensors, laser sensors, and biophotonic sensors.
- Profiles of major players in the photonic sensor and detector field.
The global photonic sensors and detectors market was worth $6.3 billion in 2013. This market is expected to increase from nearly $7.3 billion in 2014 to about $15.2 billion in 2019, registering a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 15.9% during the five-year period from 2014 to 2019.
- An overview of the global market for photonic sensors and detectors
- Analyses of market trends, with data from 2013, estimates for 2014, and projections of CAGRs through 2019.
- Discussion concerning photonic sensor and detector technology, application, geography, major manufacturers, and factors influencing their demand
- Information about the properties of photonics including the generation, transmission, emission, modulation, switching, signal processing, and amplification of light
- Details about different types of sensors including fiber optic sensors, distributed sensors, point sensors, laser sensors, and biophotonic sensors
- Comprehensive company profiles of major players in the photonic sensor and detector field