Gene Editing Technologies Market - A Global and Regional Analysis: Focus on Offering, Technology, Application, End User, and Region - Analysis and Forecast, 2023-2032
Global Gene Editing Technologies Market to Reach $16.37 Billion by 2032
Segmentation 1: by Offering
- Gene Editing Products
- Gene Editing Services
Based on offering, the gene editing products segment in the global gene editing technologies market dominated in FY2022.
Segmentation 2: by Technology
- CRISPR Gene Editing Technology
- Non-CRISPR Gene Editing Technology
Based on technology, the global gene editing technologies market was dominated by the CRISPR gene editing technology segment in FY2022.
Segmentation 3: by Application
Based on application, the biomedical segment accounted for the largest share of the global gene editing technologies market in FY2022.
Segmentation 4: by End User
- Academic Institutes and Research Centres
- Life Sciences Companies
- Contract Research Organizations (CROs)/ Contract Manufacturing Organizations (CMOs)
Based on end user, the global gene editing technologies market is dominated by the life sciences companies segment in FY2022.
Segmentation 5: by Region
- North America
- Latin America
In 2022 the North America gene editing technologies market dominated the global market with a 42.85% market share, and it is expected to hold its dominance throughout the forecast period 2023-2032. However, the Asia-Pacific (APAC) region, constituting several emerging economies, is expected to register the highest CAGR of 29.64% during the forecast period 2023-2032.
Recent Developments in the Global Gene Editing Technologies Market
- In March 2023, Seamless Therapeutics launched with $12.5 million seed financing to advance a transformative gene editing platform based on programmable precision designer recombinases.
- In June 2022, Precision BioSciences, Inc. entered into an exclusive worldwide in vivo gene editing research and development collaboration and license agreement with Novartis AG to develop a custom ARCUS nuclease that would be designed to insert, in vivo, a therapeutic transgene at a “safe harbor” location in the genome as a potential one-time transformative treatment option for diseases including certain hemoglobinopathies such as sickle cell disease and beta-thalassemia.
- In November 2021, Cytovia Therapeutics, Inc. and Cellectis S.A. expanded their TALEN gene-edited iNK partnership to enable broader collaboration in China.
- In February 2022, Integrated DNA Technologies, Inc. (IDT), a provider of global genomics solutions, introduced Alt-R HDR Donor Blocks to support researchers in advancing scientific breakthroughs in gene editing. This enhanced solution was designed to improve homology-directed repair (HDR) rates in large fragment knock-in experiments.
- In March 2023, Intellia Therapeutics, Inc. announced that the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) approved the Investigational New Drug (IND) Application for NTLA-2002. This was an in vivo investigational therapy based on CRISPR, intended for the treatment of Hereditary Angioedema (HAE).
- In April 2022, Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.'s latest Gibco CTS TrueCut Cas9 Protein, manufactured under Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP), facilitates genome editing for both research and manufacturing purposes, including research on CAR T-cell therapy.
- In November 2022, Ionis Pharmaceuticals, Inc. and Metagenomi announced a collaboration that may bring together Ionis' extensive knowledge in RNA-targeted therapeutics with Metagenomi's versatile next-generation gene editing systems. The aim of this collaboration was to pursue both established and new genetic targets that may offer the potential for expanding treatment options for patients.
Demand - Drivers and Limitations
The following are the demand drivers for the global gene editing technologies market:
- Introduction of New Technologies Fuelling the Growth of Gene Editing Technologies
- Increasing Investments and Funding Opportunities in Gene Editing Space
- Increased Demand for Personalized Medicines
The market is expected to face some limitations due to the following challenges:
- Limited Expertise and Facilities for Gene Editing Technologies
- Ethical Considerations and Their Consequences Regarding Human Gene Editing
How can this report add value to an organization?
Workflow/Innovation Strategy: The gene editing technologies market (by offering) has been segmented into gene editing products and gene editing services. Moreover, the study provides the reader with a detailed understanding of the different applications of gene editing technologies in agricultural and biomedical.
Growth/Marketing Strategy: Gene editing technologies are being used for agricultural, biomedical, and other applications. Various companies are providing gene editing products and services, which is also the key strategy for market players to excel in the current gene editing technologies market.
Competitive Strategy: Key players in the global gene editing technologies market have been analyzed and profiled in the study, including manufacturers involved in new product launches, acquisitions, expansions, and strategic collaborations. Moreover, a detailed competitive benchmarking of the players operating in the global gene editing technologies market has been done to help the reader understand how players stack against each other, presenting a clear market landscape. Additionally, comprehensive competitive strategies such as partnerships, agreements, and collaborations will aid the reader in understanding the untapped revenue pockets in the market.
Clustered regularly interspaced short palindromic repeats Cas9 (CRISPR-Cas9) and other gene editing technologies have the potential to revolutionize the healthcare sector and have a big impact on the world economy. Treatments for genetic problems and diseases such as cancer, HIV, and cystic fibrosis may become more accurate and successful because of gene editing technology. This might result in lower healthcare expenses and better patient outcomes. New intellectual property rights could be established because of the advancement of gene editing technologies, which would lead to a sharp rise in the number of patent applications.
|Base year considered||2023|
|Forecast period considered||2023-2032|
|Base year market size||$1.84 Billion in 2023|
|Market size forecast||$16.37 Billion by 2032|
|Units considered||$ Billion|
|Segments covered||By Application, By End User, By Technology, By Offering, By Region|
|Industry covered||BIS Healthcare|
|Regions covered||North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, Latin America|
|Countries covered||U.S., Canada, Germany, Switzerland, Italy, France, U.K., Spain, Rest-of-Europe, China, Japan, India, Australia, Singapore, South Korea, Brazil, Mexico, Rest-of-Latin America, Rest-of-the-World|
Global Gene Editing Technologies Market Industry Overview
The global gene editing technologies market was valued at $1.81 billion in 2022 and is anticipated to reach $16.37 billion by 2032, witnessing a CAGR of 27.50% during the forecast period 2023-2032. The growth in the global gene editing technologies market is expected to be driven by an increase in the need for personalized medicine. In addition, the introduction of new technologies fuelled the growth of gene editing technologies.
Market Lifecycle Stage
The global gene editing technologies market is in progressing phase. The creation, production, and distribution of tools and services for gene editing are under the purview of the gene editing technology market. Utilizing ways to change DNA sequences, gene editing technologies can be used to treat genetic illnesses, create disease-resistant crops, and generate study models for animals. The market for gene editing technology is made up of numerous businesses that sell CRISPR-Cas9, TALENs, and zinc finger nucleases, among other types of gene editing tools. Researchers, pharmaceutical corporations, and biotech companies employ these techniques to create novel treatments, vaccines, and diagnostic devices.
Moreover, manufacturers began to produce application-specific gene editing technologies in recent years.
Key Market Players and Competition Synopsis
The success of gene editing technologies has sparked efforts to promote treatments. A stronger focus on the gene editing demand has become essential as the need to cater to the clinical and commercial production of cells, together with the growing amount of substantial clinical data resulting from these technologies, arises. The increased demand for treatments is fuelling the expansion of gene editing technology manufacturers and providing them with numerous opportunities to spread out across different regions and improve their market presence.
Key Companies Profiled
- BRAIN Biotech AG
- Cellectis S.A.
- Creative Biolabs
- CRISPR Therapeutics AG
- Danaher Corporation
- DNA Script
- GeneCopoeia, Inc.
- Magento, Inc.
- Merck KGaA
- New England Biolabs, Inc.
- PerkinElmer Inc.
- Precision BioSciences, Inc.
- Sangamo Therapeutics, Inc.
- Takara Bio Inc.
- Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.
BIS Research is a global B2B market intelligence and advisory firm focusing on those emerging technological trends which are likely to disrupt the dynamics of the market.
With over 150 market research reports published annually, BIS Research focuses on high technology verticals such as 3D Printing, Advanced Materials and Chemicals, Aerospace and Defense, Automotive, Healthcare, Electronics and Semiconductors, Robotics and UAV, and other emerging technologies.
Our in-depth market intelligence reports focus on the market estimations, technology analysis, emerging high-growth applications, deeply segmented granular country-level market data, and other important market parameters useful in the strategic decision-making for senior management.