Global Free Space Optics Communication Technology Market: Focus on Platform, Type and Components- Analysis and Forecast, 2018-2023
The global free space optics communication technology market is expected to witness significant growth over the forecast period 2018-2023 due to the rising demand of fast and flexible wireless communication technology across various industries including intelligence, surveillance, reconnaissance, last mile connectivity, backhaul, and disaster recovery, among others. The high scale growth of the optical wireless communication technology is subsequently influencing its market. The growing need for secure and high-speed wireless communication and increasing demand for higher flexibility at low cost are some of the key drivers for the growth of the global free space optics communication technology market.
Moreover, integration of technologies to enhance FSO systems performance and incorporation of FSO in the 3G, 4G, and 5G networks are some of the future opportunities. The global free space optics communication technology market has been classified into three platforms: terrestrial, satellite and airborne. Satellite platform FSO communication technology market is expected to have the highest growth rate during the forecast period 2018-2023 due to the extensive demand for navigation and telecommunication applications. Furthermore, the free space optics communication technology has been classified into three different ranges depending upon the distance between the transmitting and receiving stations. Various range types for FSO communication technology including short range, medium range, and long range. In additions, the report also represents the market share of various components of FSO communication systems that includes transmitters, receivers, modulators, demodulators, and others (encoders and decoders).
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
According to BIS Research analysis, the global free space optics communication technology market generated $229.2 million in 2017 and is estimated to grow at a CAGR of 33.49% during 2018-2023. North America dominated the global free space optics communication technology market in 2017 with the U.S. acquiring the most significant market share, globally. However, Asia-Pacific is expected to have the highest growth rate during the forecast period 2018-2023.
Following points provide a detailed description of the report content and the topics covered in the report:
- This report identifies the global free space optics communication technology market under different segments such as platform, range, components, and region.
- It examines the prime supply-side factors, which affect the growth of the market, and the current and future trends, market drivers, restraints, and challenges prevalent in the global free space optics communication technology market.
- The report also highlights the value chain of the industry.
- Detailed competitive analysis has been included in this report which focuses on the ¬key market developments and strategies followed by the top players in the market. Additionally, the competitive benchmarking map has been included in the existing study which analyzes the competitive strength of the players in the global free space optics communication technology market.
- The market for different platforms such as terrestrial, satellite, and airborne, has been estimated and analyzed.
- Different components of the free space optics communication technology, such transmitters, receivers, modulators, demodulators, and others (encoders and decoders), have been estimated and analyzed in the report.
- The market for different ranges such as short, medium, and long has been estimated and analyzed.
- The global free space optics communication technology market has been analyzed in the report for the major regions including North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and Rest-of-the-World.
- A detailed Porter’s Five Forces analysis has been included in the report. Furthermore, the report also focuses on providing information on the key participants and future opportunities in the global free space optics communication technology market.
The study provides detailed analysis of the 15 key players in the global free space optics communication technology market including Mostcom Ltd., AOptix Technologies Inc., LightPointe Communications, Inc., Anova Technologies, fSONA Networks Corp., CableFree: Wireless Excellence, Mynaric AG (Vialight Communications Gmbh), Space Photonics, Inc., AIRLINX Communications, Inc., SkyFiber, Inc., BridgeSat, Inc., Fog Optics, Inc, Trimble Inc., Plaintree Systems, Inc., and L3 Technologies (L3 Photonics) in the Company Profiles section. This section covers business financials, company snapshots, key products and services, major developments, future programs (if any), and the individual SWOT analysis.
BIS Research is a global B2B market intelligence and advisory firm focusing on those emerging technological trends which are likely to disrupt the dynamics of the market.
With over 150 market research reports published annually, BIS Research focuses on high technology verticals such as 3D Printing, Advanced Materials and Chemicals, Aerospace and Defense, Automotive, Healthcare, Electronics and Semiconductors, Robotics and UAV, and other emerging technologies.
Our in-depth market intelligence reports focus on the market estimations, technology analysis, emerging high-growth applications, deeply segmented granular country-level market data, and other important market parameters useful in the strategic decision-making for senior management.