Blood Testing: Technology and Global Markets
The blood testing market totaled $49.5 billion in 2013 and reached to nearly $50 billion in 2014 This market is expected to grow $56.6 billion in 2019, with a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 2.6%.
- An overview of the global markets and technologies for blood testing.
- Analyses of global market trends, with data from 2012, 2013, estimates for 2014, and projections of compound annual growth rates (CAGRs) through 2019.
- Coverage of major blood test categories including hematology, molecular screening, toxicology, and also oncology biomarker tests and cardiology tests.
- Information on the latest trends and innovations in the blood testing product pipeline as well as information on new approaches for screening.
- Analysis of the market's dynamics, specifically growth drivers, inhibitors, and opportunities.
- Relevant patent analysis.
- Profiles of major players in the blood testing market.
SCOPE OF THE STUDY
This study covers the blood tests that are used routinely for screening, monitoring and evaluating by using analyzers (including automated analyzers) and integrated systems. This report also covers home-monitoring devices and test strips and the associated calibration reagents. The report analyzes and assesses therapeutic and screening applications of blood tests for human conditions such as diabetes, heart disease, autoimmune disorders, cancer, blood disorders, hormonal imbalances, infection, and pregnancy. Excluded from this study are urinalysis, urine home diagnostic kits, and diagnostic testing such as imaging. This study also excludes veterinary blood tests and their analyzers.
The scope of this study is global. BCC Research analyzes each market and its applications, regulatory environment, technologies involved, market projections, and market shares. The emerging markets discussed include countries such as India, China, Japan, Korea, Taiwan, Africa, Australia, New Zealand, and Canada, among others. The Europe and U.S. markets are also covered.
The report also examines the factors boosting the blood testing market as well as the hindering factors. Further, the pipeline products and companies that are leading the blood test diagnostic market in the research and development of blood tests are discussed.
Shalini Shahani Dewan focuses on pharmaceuticals and biotechnology and has been a BCC Research contributor since 2002 as both an analyst and project manager. She has explored a wide range of topics and companies, including working for Johnson & Johnson doing market surveillance. She has an undergraduate degree in pharmacy and master's degree in medicinal chemistry. She resides in the Bay Area.
- Global Markets for CT Scanners (HLC024B)
- Technologies for Long-term Care and Home Healthcare: Global Markets (HLC079D)
- Renal Dialysis Equipment: Technologies and Global Markets (HLC164B)
- Fluoroscopy and C-arms: Technologies and Global Markets (HLC148B)
- Global Markets for Contract Pharmaceutical Manufacturing, Research and Packaging (PHM043G)