2015 Semiconductor Manufacturing Research Review
- The global market for thermal interface materials will grow from $763.7 million in 2015 to nearly $1.1 billion by 2020 with a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 7.4% for the period of 2015-2020.
- The global market for organic light emitting diodes (OLED) was $2.1 billion and $2.5 billion in 2013 and 2014, respectively. The market is expected to reach nearly $3.1 billion in 2015 and $9.6 billion in 2020, registering a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 25.7% for the period 2015-2020.
- The global wafer-level packaging (WLP) market was valued at $1.3 billion in 2013. This market is expected to grow from $1.6 billion in 2014 to $4.9 billion by 2019, with a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 24.5% from 2014 to 2019.
Research Reviews from BCC Research provide market professionals with concise market coverage within a specific research category. These Research Reviews include portions of several market research reports that were published in 2015, and are an efficient way for market professionals to keep up with the general market developments of 2015.
Please note that page references in the text are to pages in the original, complete report, and do not reflect the actual page numbers in this Research Review.
This 2015 Semiconductors Research Review includes excerpts from the following reports:
- SMC071C Thermal Interface Materials: Technologies, Applications and Global Market.
- SMC069D Organic Light Emitting Diodes (OLEDs): Technologies and Global Market.
- SMC100A Wafer-Level Packaging: Technologies and Global Market.
- SMC051D Microelectromechanical Systems (MEMS) Technology: Current and Future Markets.
- SMC101A Silicon-Controlled Rectifiers: Technologies and Global Market.
We encourage you to obtain and benefit from the full market research reports that are excerpted in this Research Review.
BCC Research looks forward to serving your market intelligence needs in the future.
Kevin R. Fitzgerald
- The market for thermal management technologies was valued at $6.7 billion in 2011 and reached $7 billion in 2012. Total market value is expected to reach $10.1 billion in 2017 after increasing at a five-year compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 7.6%.
- The market for microfluidics technologies was valued at nearly $5.1 billion in 2011 and $5.6 billion in 2012. Total market value is expected to reach nearly $10.3 billion in 2017 after increasing at a five-year compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 13%.
- The global market for thermal interface materials (TIMs) was worth nearly $426 million in 2011 and $458 million in 2012. The market is expected to grow to $762 million in 2017 at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 10.7% between 2012 and 2017.
This 2012 Semiconductor Manufacturing Review provides:
- An overview of the current market and an impartial analysis of prospects for future growth, with a focus on the raw materials used to produce thin films and nanofilms.
- Forecast of the global market for compound semiconductor–based components in value (dollar sales) and volume (shipment sales) terms.
- Focus on materials used for optical coating and opportunities for optical in the telecommunications, transportation, defense, photography, electronics and medical markets.
- Environmental and regulatory trends for thermal management.