Global Automotive LiDAR Market: Focus on Application Type, Technology Type, Technology Level, Country Analysis, Industry Insights, Patent Landscape, Regulation Landscape, and Competitive Landscape- Analysis and Forecast, 2018-2028
With the advent of ADAS and autonomous vehicles, there is need for a system which can assist the driver in the driving process and make it easier for the driver to travel without worrying about the safety and control issues while driving. However, ADAS and driverless vehicles work on the input provided by automated systems, therefore, necessitating the need for more accurate and dense data provided to the system. Cameras/RADARs/ultrasonic sensors are unable to meet these sensing requirements due to various operational limitations of these sensors, which in effect, raises the need for the usage of Light Detection and Ranging (LiDARs) for a higher level of automation.
The global automotive LiDAR market is anticipated to grow at a significant rate during the forecast period 2018-2028. The high growth rate in the volume of LiDARs is predicted due to rising customer demand, extensive usage of LiDARs in high-level automated vehicles, tremendous development in the Research & Development (R&D) for automotive LiDAR to enhance the features of the LIDAR system, and an anticipated decline in manufacturing prices of LiDARs after the commencement of mass production.
The demand for automotive LiDAR varies according to various geographical regions. The automotive LiDAR market holds a prominent share in various countries of North America, Asia-Pacific (APAC), Europe, and Rest-of-the-World (RoW). Geographically, U.S. led the global automotive LiDAR market in 2017 in terms of value as the U.S. market had a major share in the global automotive LiDAR market for the year 2017. The presence of major LiDAR manufacturers and automakers such as Ford Motors Company, General Motors, Velodyne LiDAR, Inc., and Quanergy Systems, among others, as well as advancements in the number of highly automated vehicles accounts for the high growth rate and major share of the U.S. in the automotive LiDAR market. Also, the growing demand of automotive LiDAR from the U.S. provides immense opportunities to players in the supply chain. For instance, it is expected that LiDAR component suppliers will play a significant role by collaborating with LiDAR manufacturers, in reducing the time required to mass produce LiDAR systems for the automotive market. Additionally, APAC region is expected to witness one of the highest growth rates during the forecast period (2018-2028) owing to various factors such as government implementation towards upgradation of existing vehicles to ADAS and autonomous vehicles which uses LiDAR systems, high demand due to advancement in technology, and greater adaptation of autonomous vehicles and safety sensors such as LiDARs in these vehicles due to decreased cost.
The global automotive LiDAR market has witnessed several strategic and technological developments in the past few years, undertaken by the different market players to attain their respective market shares in this emerging domain. Some of the strategies covered in this section are product launches, partnerships and collaborations, and mergers and acquisitions. The preferred strategies for the companies have been partnerships and collaborations along with new product launches in order to strengthen their position in the global automotive LiDAR market.
The key market players in the global automotive LiDAR market are Continental AG, Ibeo Automotive Systems GmbH, Garmin Ltd, Infineon Technologies, Innoviz Technologies, LeddarTech, Quanergy Systems, Inc., Phantom Intelligence, and Velodyne LiDAR, Inc., among others.
The report is a compilation of different segments of global automotive LiDAR market including market breakdown by applications, types, technology, and geography. The report further takes into consideration the market dynamics and the competitive landscape. The report also discusses in detail about the key participants involved in the industry. The report answers the following questions about the global automotive LiDAR market:
Key questions answered in the report
- What will be the global automotive LiDAR market value by 2028 along with the estimated CAGR
- What are the driving factors for the global automotive LiDAR market through 2017 to 2028
- Which factors are hindering the growth of the global automotive LiDAR market
- What are the recent trends and developments in the global automotive LiDAR market
- Which automotive LiDAR type will lead the global automotive LiDAR market by 2028
- What is the revenue generated by automotive LiDAR across different application verticals during the forecast period (2018-2028)
- Which application will dominate the global automotive LiDAR market by 2028
- Which level of autonomous vehicle will dominate the global automotive LiDAR market by 2028
- Which region will lead the global automotive LiDAR market by 2028
- What is the patent landscape scenario for automotive LiDAR market
- What is the direction of pricing of automotive LiDARs by 2028
- What is the regulation landscape for autonomous vehicles and LiDAR systems
- Who are the regulating bodies in charge of regulations related to autonomous and self-driving vehicles by 2028
- What is the supply chain scenario for the automotive LiDAR market
- What is the technology trend and roadmap related to autonomous vehicles and automotive LiDARs by 2028
BIS Research is a global B2B market intelligence and advisory firm focusing on those emerging technological trends which are likely to disrupt the dynamics of the market.
With over 150 market research reports published annually, BIS Research focuses on high technology verticals such as 3D Printing, Advanced Materials and Chemicals, Aerospace and Defense, Automotive, Healthcare, Electronics and Semiconductors, Robotics and UAV, and other emerging technologies.
Our in-depth market intelligence reports focus on the market estimations, technology analysis, emerging high-growth applications, deeply segmented granular country-level market data, and other important market parameters useful in the strategic decision-making for senior management.